PDA

View Full Version : Video|| how to clean pad fast & easy

asap2stacks
08-25-2017, 01:20 PM
made a little video how i properly clean my pads while i am working quick and fast and effectively.

http://youtu.be/Y24tUo7aZ04

atgonzales
08-25-2017, 01:35 PM
Nicely done

Mike Phillips
08-25-2017, 01:52 PM
Memories...

Years ago I met a guy that nailed a chunk of shag carpet to the wall.

To clean a pad he would walk over to the wall and hold the face of the pad against the carpet and then run his buffer.

Kind of reminded me of how you were standing on the microfiber floor mop head with your feet and then running the face of the polisher against it.

We used to sell those microfiber floor mops and mop heads...

Microfiber Mop Head Review (http://microfiber%20mop%20head%20review%20-%20someone%20has%20to%20clean%20the%20floor!/)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1507/MicrofiberMopPads013.jpg

Weird - I have an article on just about everything...

:laughing:

Paul A.
08-25-2017, 02:45 PM
I also absolutely LOVE that WG Pad Cleaner spray product. It's almost like an APC product but works phenominally well on cleaning my pads.

asap2stacks
08-25-2017, 05:09 PM
Memories...

Years ago I met a guy that nailed a chunk of shag carpet to the wall.

To clean a pad he would walk over to the wall and hold the face of the pad against the carpet and then run his buffer.

Kind of reminded me of how you were standing on the microfiber floor mop head with your feet and then running the face of the polisher against it.

We used to sell those microfiber floor mops and mop heads...

Microfiber Mop Head Review (http://microfiber%20mop%20head%20review%20-%20someone%20has%20to%20clean%20the%20floor!/)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1507/MicrofiberMopPads013.jpg

Weird - I have an article on just about everything...

:laughing:

lol that's awesome that it has been used back in the day considering I'm only 28 and came up with this method on my own, super cool that it's been used in the past a little differently! I think Ima try that guys way this weekend!

CCCoating

mwoywod
08-25-2017, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the video! I find it fascinating all the different methods people come up with for cleaning pads. I had no clue that Wolfgang Pad Werks Cleaner and Extender was truly a "rinseless" product. Any pad cleaner I've used I always spend a ton of time making sure the product has been thoroughly rinsed. I wonder if this product is PH neutral product? It says in the directions after you clean the pad you can spray some onto the face of the pad prior to putting on the rack to dry. Really interesting product. Thanks again for the video!

GSKR
08-25-2017, 07:35 PM
The quickest way is to throw the pad on a rotary and take a razor blade to it .May shave off a micron but clean as can be real quick.I actually thought you were going to do that.Nice tip though.

PaulMys
08-25-2017, 08:47 PM
The quickest way is to throw the pad on a rotary and take a razor blade to it .May shave off a micron but clean as can be real quick.I actually thought you were going to do that.Nice tip though.

I think you should mention not to face the blade into the rotation, but away from it for the uninitiated. Lol

asap2stacks
08-25-2017, 09:51 PM

To dangerous for me! I need my hands/arms too much, rather just do it this way for now maybe I'll dull some plastic razors and give it a go one day?

CCCoating

DBAILEY
08-26-2017, 03:16 AM
Do you really think this is faster than using a brush, pad cleaner solution, and hot water from the kitchen sink? Don't like the idea of not rinsing cleaning product, polish and spent clear coat out of the pad.

Nice shop. Looks like you have about everything one would need.

asap2stacks
08-26-2017, 04:47 AM
Do you really think this is faster than using a brush, pad cleaner solution, and hot water from the kitchen sink? Don't like the idea of not rinsing cleaning product, polish and spent clear coat out of the pad.

Nice shop. Looks like you have about everything one would need.

It's deff faster then running back and fourth trust me , my shop we turn over at least 1 full Detail a day so dead lines are a big thing around here for us. With this method it allows me to thoroughly clean the pad in one spot without having to move all around the shop.

CCCoating

DBAILEY
08-26-2017, 05:25 AM
It sounds like its working for you, but 80% of your video was you moving around the shop. Looks like it was about the same amount of time it takes to spray on the cleaner, brush with the pad brush and then rinse and spin on a rotary.

Either way I hate cleaning pads. Its always a drudgery.

asap2stacks
08-26-2017, 01:43 PM
It sounds like its working for you, but 80% of your video was you moving around the shop. Looks like it was about the same amount of time it takes to spray on the cleaner, brush with the pad brush and then rinse and spin on a rotary.

Either way I hate cleaning pads. Its always a drudgery.

The video was created on my free time, if I was in the middle of working I have everything set up in its desired location and prepped properly before beginning to detail but hey everyone likes to do things differently, this is just the way I clean my pads.

CCCoating