PDA

View Full Version : Cquartz classic removal trouble shooting

JChastain
08-25-2017, 07:59 AM
Cquartz classic removal trouble shooting
Guys,
I applied my first coat of Cquartz the other evening following a polish with Essence. Removal was a breeze and clean. 24 hours later I start applying the second coat and the coating acts like it won't cure and smears when I try to level. The car is in an a/c garage that was sealed for the 24 hours so I'm not sure how humidity could have changed. So my only thought is did the second coat somehow liquify the 1st coat making it not bond and remove correctly or is 24 hours not long enough for it to cure? I'm lost as to what caused this. Maybe too much product? If you don't put enough on the applicator, it won't evenly spread so I don't know. Any help is appreciated

GSKR
08-25-2017, 10:25 AM
Sounds like it didn't cure with the AC on.Need heat for faster curing.

LSNAutoDetailing
08-25-2017, 11:39 AM
[/FONT][/COLOR]

As GSKR states, that's highly a likely suspect... When doing two coats, I try to do it within the recommended two hours of the first application. But typically instead of AC, you need the opposite, some heat for it to cure. Pulling it into the sun is a good cure, curing lamps are another good way.

p

MattPersman
08-25-2017, 12:07 PM
How long are you letting it flash the second coat ? Try going longer before leveling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JChastain
08-25-2017, 09:14 PM
I tried all kinds of different times. None changed the outcome. I've learned to do it within 2 hours or wait a week lol