PDA

View Full Version : MF Pads Falling Apart?

bryanviper
08-24-2017, 10:39 PM
Hello all,

Using a 6" GG DA Polisher.

I bought 6" GG Boss MF Pads & 3" GG Boss MF Pads this spring. Since then I have used them maybe a handful of times to do full paint corrections on cars. Both 6" & 1 of the 3" have fallen apart, I have attached a photo of the 3" but the 6" is similar.

Has anybody had this issue before? Are the pads getting to hot? I have not had this issue with any Foam pads I have used.

Thanks

Mantilgh
08-24-2017, 11:06 PM
I may be overuse.

The cutting of the foam looks similar to what has happened to some of mine.

Here's a thread with some BOSS MF pad issues.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/wool-foam-buffing-pads/110825-boss-mf-pad-issue.html

TiCaLLioNStaLLyN
08-25-2017, 06:29 AM
I am having a similar issue after two uses of a correction foam pad. I am new to polishing and thought maybe it was something I was doing. Was using menz 400 on the boss g21 at speed 5. Light pressure , 3 passes, 3-4 sections, condition brush after 2...Conditioned pad face with product.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

howardm4
08-25-2017, 07:32 AM
I got most of the way through a RAV4 on Meg's MF cutting pad (and their D300) before the foam started splitting apart. No response from Meg's
customer service.

Gonna try the Optimum and BNS pads next.

brettS4
08-25-2017, 08:43 AM
Had the same problem with my Boss MF pads after one day of light use. I still haven't sent them back to Griots, but I expect to get replacements for free. Hopefully the new ones will be better.

bryanviper
08-25-2017, 09:11 AM
I sent an email to GG, however I already bought new ones thinking it was something I was doing that destroyed them. However from reading online it seems like they may just not last very long for some reason.

Does anybody have good experience with other 6" MF pads that seem to be better built?

Thanks

howardm4
08-25-2017, 09:23 AM
Like I wrote, I'm going to try the BNS first (already have them) and maybe also the Optimum.