PDA

View Full Version : Clearing my Waterless Wash confusions

bym007
08-24-2017, 03:31 AM
Howdy all!

I am new to waterless wash regime. The products on hand right now are Megs D115 and Megs D155.
I usually spray the D115 (diluted 8:1) onto the paint surface and wipe it off using a 350gsm microfiber (CG EL Gordo Professional brand).
There after I wipe the residue off using another clean microfiber of same brand.

1. I have Eagle Edgeless microfibers as well, but I dont want to "waste" such a fine cloth for cleaning, if that makes sense. Perhaps, I should wipe the cleaned surface with it?

2. I am confused where to bring the Last Touch in play, at what dilutions ratios as well as which microfiber to use with it?

3. Is ONR a better product than Megs D115 ? I read some about it, but cant make my mind about it.

Thanks for reading.

Eldorado2k
08-24-2017, 04:55 AM
Howdy all!

I am new to waterless wash regime. The products on hand right now are Megs D115 and Megs D155.
I usually spray the D115 (diluted 8:1) onto the paint surface and wipe it off using a 350gsm microfiber (CG EL Gordo Professional brand).
There after I wipe the residue off using another clean microfiber of same brand.

1. I have Eagle Edgeless microfibers as well, but I dont want to "waste" such a fine cloth for cleaning, if that makes sense. Perhaps, I should wipe the cleaned surface with it?

2. I am confused where to bring the Last Touch in play, at what dilutions ratios as well as which microfiber to use with it?

3. Is ONR a better product than Megs D115 ? I read some about it, but cant make my mind about it.

Thanks for reading.

D115 is good stuff, I like it@6:1. Just about any quality microfiber towel will suffice as long/especially if your paint is smooth and has a recent/strong layer of "wax" on it.

Only use D155 Last Touch straight undiluted, IMO when used liberally, it feels and works alot like D115 does, minus the wax protection..
Having D115 on your shelf pretty much renders it obsolete, unless you have no other option as far as claylube, then it can be diluted 1:1 and be used for that.

I've never used regular ONR, but since it's meant to be used as a rinseless wash or at most a quik detailer, I highly doubt it can match D115 as a waterless.

Cruzscarwash
08-24-2017, 05:10 AM
I use D155 as a final wipe when I walk around looking for missed spots.

D115 is great and I use it with my edgeless 320 towels as well but not dry, I have them damp for the first pass, then I go back over and dry with another

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

MattPersman
08-24-2017, 05:35 AM
Might just use 155 for in between touch ups. When it's gone you could solely use 115

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
08-24-2017, 07:38 AM
I would like to suggest a higher GSM edgeless MF towel for cleaning your car, at least the body panels, the thinner ones are safe on glass[emoji118]

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

bym007
08-24-2017, 07:58 AM
I would like to suggest a higher GSM edgeless MF towel for cleaning your car, at least the body panels, the thinner ones are safe on glass[emoji118]

Are you suggesting that I use Eagle Edgeless (480gsm) for drying ?

Klasse Act
08-24-2017, 09:33 AM
When I do a waterless wash I always have a spare plush towel to use for buffing and or drying