PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Forum Mods/Owner

TTQ B4U
08-21-2017, 11:01 AM
I understand the reason for switching to the 300 seconds between posts given I woke up IIRC, Sunday, to a forum that was spammed with stuff and thus the reloading of a back up site.

That said, is there a way to limit that 300 second rule to members with say lower than 500 posts or something to that effect? Reason being is that I often hit the board in spurts and post to 3-5 threads quickly then get back to my day, etc. Now I can only do one post every 5 minutes thus it doesn't allow for multiple replies to as many threads during the time in which I can do.

Most of the spammers are new vs existing members doing it thus it makes sense. I'm just not sure what capabilities the forum software permits.

Just a request from the field! Off to something else for another 5 minutes :)

Cruzscarwash
08-21-2017, 11:05 AM
Great suggestion, I end up leaving once I get him with the limit or forget what I wanted to say

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips
08-23-2017, 08:54 AM

I'll look into this...

I myself and a speed poster and while I haven't done any speed posting since we were spammed to death I will be and the limit is going to drive me up the wall.

If it comes down to it, it's a feature I can turn on and off. So turn it on during the daytime in the U.S.A and up the limit over night.

What's really sad is Spammers simply don't get it that anyone savvy enough to hang out on this forum is WAY to smart to ever click on any of their stupid spam links.

:dunno: