PDA

View Full Version : Washer/Dryer machine for shop?

asap2stacks
08-20-2017, 07:10 PM
Looking for something for washing and drying our towels and rags at our auto detailing shop, we currently do our washing and drying at the local laundry mat but after doing some math we do waste a lot of money paying to do loads and in gas going back and fourth. I do not want to use my house to do the towels.

Saw this on eBay any thoughts ?

https://youtu.be/_WwQYV82MTI

CCCoating

detailsbydennis
08-20-2017, 07:32 PM
I have a washer and dryer in my shop. The savings are huge compared to going to the laundry mat. I would recommend a good one the can handle everyday use and dirty towels.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

asap2stacks
08-20-2017, 07:33 PM
I have a washer and dryer in my shop. The savings are huge compared to going to the laundry mat. I would recommend a good one the can handle everyday use and dirty towels.

The only thing I'm worried about when it comes to the house hold machines is the increase of the electric bill.

CCCoating

detailsbydennis
08-20-2017, 07:42 PM
We wash and dry 2 to 3 loads of towels every day. I have a 220 volt air compressor and 220 volt heated pressure washer. My shops electric bill runs about 250.00 a month. We are open 6 days a week

asap2stacks
08-20-2017, 07:50 PM
Well right now we have ductless ac units in garage/office/waiting room and a 80 gallon 220v ACP, TVs, Computer,Internet, all that stuff and we are at 160$ a month now I wanna stay around $200 a month but after doing some more math it's basically like we are spending over 300.00 going to the mat in gas and coins so I guess I'll check out craigs list tomorrow and see what I can find

detailsbydennis
08-20-2017, 07:52 PM
Sounds like a good plan to me. Good lock

ducksfan
08-20-2017, 10:15 PM
They make machines that wash and dry. But I don't think they're as cheap as that machine.

Anyhow, I don't see any way having your own washer and dryer would be more expensive than the laundermat if you're washing regularly. That would be before you even factor in the cost of the person going to and waiting at the laundermat.

A washing machine doesn't use that much electricity.

KirkH
08-20-2017, 10:53 PM
Well right now we have ductless ac units in garage/office/waiting room and a 80 gallon 220v ACP, TVs, Computer,Internet, all that stuff and we are at 160$ a month now I wanna stay around $200 a month but after doing some more math it's basically like we are spending over 300.00 going to the mat in gas and coins so I guess I'll check out craigs list tomorrow and see what I can find

Wash your towels in a bucket by hand and only use the dryer at the laundromat until you get a washer and dryer. Savings!

You should be able to find a washer and dryer cheap on craigslist. If I had a shop, I would want the small, stackable units, because I never do a full load of towels.

FUNX650
08-21-2017, 01:14 AM
...house hold machines...

IMO:
You should get the "industrial" versions.
Speed Queen's "made-to-last-25yrs."
washer and dryer units. :dblthumb2:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/IMG_33531.JPG

Bob