PDA

View Full Version : Coating question

hoyt66
08-20-2017, 04:07 PM
I am coating my car next weekend. Thru the week I would like to get a jump start and paint prep, wash, irox x, clay and then finish polish a few panels here and there. Can I do that? Polish say Tuesday-Wednesday and then prep wipe down and coat on the weekend? Concerned the paint will lose its gloss if not protected directly after polishing ?? Thank you

Rsurfer
08-20-2017, 04:23 PM
Why not wash, IronX and clay one day and use a waterless wash before polishing, but coat those panels the same day? In case it should rain over the weekend, the polished panels will be protected.

hoyt66
08-20-2017, 05:13 PM
Why not wash, IronX and clay one day and use a waterless wash before polishing, but coat those panels the same day? In case it should rain over the weekend, the polished panels will be protected.

That does sound like the best plan. The car stays in the garage so I'm not worried about rain but either way that plan makes sense. Thanks!

FUNX650
08-20-2017, 08:50 PM
I am coating my car next weekend.

Thru the week I would like to get a
jump start and paint prep, wash,
iron x, clay and then finish polish a
few panels here and there.

Can I do that?

Yes...Of course!

Polish say Tuesday-Wednesday and
then prep wipe down and coat on
the weekend?

Sounds like a good plan... :props:

Concerned the paint will lose its gloss
if not protected directly after polishing ??
•Not to worry:
-Being inside the enclosed garage

The car stays in the garage...

will keep the car safe-and-sound
from any of the usual gloss-robbing
suspects.

Bob

BudgetPlan1
08-20-2017, 09:53 PM
Did our black car recently over the course if two weeks. Compound/polish and then coated it. Careful 'dusting' of pertinent panels before beginning whatever step...no worries.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

MattPersman
08-21-2017, 05:49 AM
Yeah no worries about braking it up. Once it's polished it's polished until it's scratched swirled damaged some how Again. You will get dust and probably some random bugs on it. I know my cars do just sitting there. So you could either waterless wash it at that point with like n914 or d114 or likely could wipe it down with eraser or panel wipe if it's just a couple days.

What coating are you going with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoyt66
08-21-2017, 11:30 AM
Yeah no worries about braking it up. Once it's polished it's polished until it's scratched swirled damaged some how Again. You will get dust and probably some random bugs on it. I know my cars do just sitting there. So you could either waterless wash it at that point with like n914 or d114 or likely could wipe it down with eraser or panel wipe if it's just a couple days.

What coating are you going with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going with Csl and exo.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)