PDA

View Full Version : How to best make the car dirty... to wash it... ;)

gijoe985
08-19-2017, 06:36 PM
So, for my high school shop class, I need to effectively dirty some cars (with pretty bad paint jobs) so that the kids can wash them. It's hard to judge their performance if the cars are clean to begin with. I was thinking if I just has some fine powdered dirt I could mist the cars with water and then toss the dirt on the day before. I was just curious if anyone had any better ideas? This won't be on any cars with a decent paint job. Mostly 20 year old donors.

LEDetailing
08-19-2017, 06:44 PM
To make it fair I would mix a couple pounds of potting soil with a 1-2 gallons of water in a five gallon bucket. Pour the same amount of dirt/water over every inch of all the cars involved. Let the dirt and water dry on the surface overnight outdoors.

Rsurfer
08-19-2017, 06:47 PM
So, for my high school shop class, I need to effectively dirty some cars (with pretty bad paint jobs) so that the kids can wash them. It's hard to judge their performance if the cars are clean to begin with. I was thinking if I just has some fine powdered dirt I could mist the cars with water and then toss the dirt on the day before. I was just curious if anyone had any better ideas? This won't be on any cars with a decent paint job. Mostly 20 year old donors.
Aren't the donor cars already dirty?

Buster906
08-19-2017, 06:55 PM
Just find a dusty road and drive around 40mph with the windows down

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

thebigw
08-19-2017, 06:57 PM
Park them under some trees. Find or make a puddle with some dirt in them and drive it though the puddle. Boom instantly in need of a bath.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk