PDA

View Full Version : More Prayers

Pages : [1] 2

Tex Star Detail
01-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Haven't been on in a while. Had/have some Family issues going on at the moment.

Without going into too much detail, asking for a prayer request for my Grandmother.

A while ago, she had to start dailysis (sp?) for her kidneys. She has many other complications before hand, but I won't give a run down.
I guess everything was going good, or as good as it can get, until the other day. They diagnosed her with lung and liver cancer, and from what I know, is spreading fast. She is advised against taking chemo, as her heart is only @30%. I didn't know what was going on after that.
Got a call today from my Sister. My Father had her call me, as he isn't taking it too well. I found out they stopped her dailysis and not giving her chemo.
She is not doing well at all. I called my cousin in NY, where my Grandmother is, to get more accurate info. She said they are saying she may not make it through the weekend, even if she is lucky.

Without going into it any further, I am asking for any prayers.
I know I asked a few time before about other instances, but I really don't have anyone else to talk to. AG and a lot of the members here are like a close knot family, if you will.

Trying to find an airline ticket is being horrible right now. Seems all of the airlines quit giving 'bereavement' fares, and want to charge you an arm and a leg, just because you have to fly out in a hurry. One of her last wishes was to see all the grandchildren and great grand children, and it seems I will not be able to make it up there..........In the morning, I am keeping the kids out of school to make a video. Going to download it on the computer and send it to my cousin, so she can show my grandmother, even though she is not all there right now.

Thanks for reading............I just had to get it off my chest and had no one to talk to........:o

Low Tech
01-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Prayers sent - comfort and faith to your grandmother, family, and you...

Tonya
01-09-2008, 11:01 PM
I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers TexasTB! Sorry you can't make it to see your grandmother! That is a great idea to send the video! Best of luck to you and your family. If you need to talk we are hear to listen!
Take care!

Z06-Goose
01-09-2008, 11:13 PM
My prayers sent to your grandmother and your whole family...

wolfpacker92
01-10-2008, 01:10 AM
Prayers sent for you and your family.

klumzypinoy
01-10-2008, 02:46 AM
My prayers are out to you and your family, I hope you get to fulfill her wishes.

Gary Sword
01-10-2008, 06:05 AM
We can only pray and hope for the best for you grandmother.

TIKI_AL
01-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Your family's in my prayers.

ScottB
01-10-2008, 08:32 AM
sending well wishes and warm hearts from Florida.

MoBenzOwner
01-10-2008, 08:42 AM
I will send a prayer for your Grandmother and her family. Your faith will sustain you.........

Mike T
01-10-2008, 09:00 AM
You've got ours brother! Hang in there. Our thoughts go out to youand your family.
Did you find out why they stopped her dialysis?

TOGWT
01-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Prayers sent for you and all of your family. Place your faith in Him and he will guide you

JonM

gary26
01-10-2008, 10:36 AM
My prayers and thoughts are with you.

bfowkes
01-10-2008, 12:52 PM
My prayers are going out for your grandma and the rest of the family.

I know what you are going through, I just had to make a emergency trip to Utah at Thanksgiving for the passing of my grandma. I know that this is a very hard time for you and I will pray for peace in your heart and comfort for your grandma.

Blake.

lethalxls1
01-10-2008, 04:10 PM
You, your family and Grandmother are in my thoughts and prayers. I think that is a wonderful idea to make the video of the family.