PDA

View Full Version : OEM Decals

lariat
01-08-2008, 10:37 PM
How do you address decals on the body? If I'm going to do a complete claying, polish, waxing, should I mask off the decal or what do you do?

TIKI_AL
01-08-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm not sure what other will say, but i do know that the 4x4 decals on my old 03 silverado came off with a pressure washer. If you don't tape them at least avoid them. I'm sure someone else will respond shortly. :D

blue DX
06-25-2010, 03:58 AM
i have the same question. up for the thread starter. :)

Ohio Detailing
06-25-2010, 09:42 AM
i have the same question. up for the thread starter. :)

I H-A-T-E when dealers stick their little advertisement on your car!!! "Give us $20,000 and we'll force you to advertise for us for free for the entire life of the vehicle by cementing it on to your rear!" Yeah... they did something to my rear, that's for sure, haha!

I wish I knew of a way to get those pesky decals and hard-surface plates off the dealers put on.

Maldini
06-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Assuming you mean decals like Z71 on Chevy trucks for example... I just mask them off and polish up to them. After which I peel the tape off ever so carefully. Never had an issue.

Frank787
06-26-2010, 12:36 AM
I H-A-T-E when dealers stick their little advertisement on your car!!! "Give us $20,000 and we'll force you to advertise for us for free for the entire life of the vehicle by cementing it on to your rear!" Yeah... they did something to my rear, that's for sure, haha!

I wish I knew of a way to get those pesky decals and hard-surface plates off the dealers put on.

3M's adhesive remover works well for removing dealer stickers. Have removed several using it. I can't stand them advertising on my car either.

Ohio Detailing
06-27-2010, 07:53 AM
3M's adhesive remover works well for removing dealer stickers. Have removed several using it. I can't stand them advertising on my car either.

It seriously infuriates me... I'm not going to have my head explode or anything, but it does make me angry. "Here's thousands of dollars for a product you sell, now please feel free to advertise on MY property for the length of the car's life to increase your profit!"

NO! Haha... ugh, I should post a picture of my dealer's tag on here because it isn't the usually seen vinyl lettering most dealers use, it is an actual rectangular plastic badge that slightly sticks out from the surface with the adhesive tape attached to it.