PDA

View Full Version : Onr

MZ3Spdr
01-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Hey guys,

I just received my ONR today and used it. Man I have to say, I was skeptical at first but after seeing videos posted on this forum, It just sold me. No scratches were introduced and I used it as I read on this forum. Thanks.

I have one question though. Does this strip all of my existing wax on the car? I did put a coat of Pinnacle Crystal mist, as I do after every wash between SSII.

Thanks,
Binh

Sevenrd
01-08-2008, 10:22 PM
The ONR won't strip the wax.

daveo
01-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Love the SSII. Awesome product. Can't comment on the ONR, I've got the DP 4in1 but haven't used it yet.

budman3
01-08-2008, 10:24 PM
It has some sythetic protection in it as well, so nothing lost and possibly something gained. The rinseless washes seem to be far fetched but once you try it, you'll be hooked.

MZ3Spdr
01-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks guys for the quick reply. At first I was afraid I might get something like...SEARCH. hah

But yes. That's good to hear it won't strip the wax.

I was skeptical, It does seem far fetched at first. But after using it, I love it. And I would recommend at least trying it if your skeptical. Saves water too.

What really sold me was the video where the guy used it on the Ferri. I thought to myself, if that's the case then it won't hurt to at least try it, so I bit the bullet. Thanks, to the guy.

SSII is amazing on my Shimmering Sand Metallic MZ3.

Add: Yeah, It feels like it put down some type of protection. Defiantly looks synthetic. Doesn't look like that carbuna(sp?? haha) look. Hah. But toped with the carbuna wax it looks nice.

MadOzodi
01-09-2008, 02:04 PM
I can't wait to try mine out!

ricka
01-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Will say the ONR or 4-1 rinseless wash works much better if you dry each panel before moving on. ONR especially will dry somewhat crusty if not removed fairly quickly.

Funny, I bought a gallon of DG 901 car shampoo (good stuff btw) but find myself doing a rinseless wash almost exclusively these days.

richy
01-09-2008, 04:01 PM
I just got my ONR about a month ago and have done 2 regular washes since. I add an ounce of onr to hte wash water and I like what it does.

Z06-Goose
01-09-2008, 04:04 PM
I would like to get some ONR myself, but I'm still a little unclear as to what exactly does it do, and how you use it ??

So let's see if somebody here can school me a little bit:

1- You put a ratio of ONR to water in a bucket, and then you start washing the car, and drying as you go?
2- What if the car is too dirty. Do you still use the two-bucket method?
3- If the car is too dirty, does the ONR loosen up debris, dirt to where no scrubbing is necessary?

Those are the questions that pop in to my mind everytime I hear somebody review the ONR that still would want somebody to explain better
TIA-Goose

richy
01-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Goose..if it's really dirty, you can spray some QD ratio ONR onto the panel to pre-soak..but that would be for almost muddy conditions. Certainly salt debris and the like are no match for ONR. No question this product takes getting your head around it. Just dry as you go..do a search..anthony (forget his last name) did a very cool video on it..watch it, you'll be impressed (not the least of which is he uses it on a Ferrari!!).

PaintPolisher
01-10-2008, 01:07 AM
I would like to get some ONR myself, but I'm still a little unclear as to what exactly does it do, and how you use it ??

So let's see if somebody here can school me a little bit:

1- You put a ratio of ONR to water in a bucket, and then you start washing the car, and drying as you go?
2- What if the car is too dirty. Do you still use the two-bucket method?
3- If the car is too dirty, does the ONR loosen up debris, dirt to where no scrubbing is necessary?

Those are the questions that pop in to my mind everytime I hear somebody review the ONR that still would want somebody to explain better
TIA-Goose

PM sent concerning a write up I made for my clients on how to wash with No Rinse for the new or hesitant car enthusiasts.

Z06-Goose
01-10-2008, 01:36 AM
Thanks guy for the help. I have a better understanding how it works now...

PaintPolisher
01-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Glad I could help.

Tonya
01-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Here is the thread from Anthony:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-university/10068-optimum-no-rinse-dirty-porsche-panels.html
I live in Ohio. I take my car to the local car wash to use the presure washer "water only" to remove the excess road grime and salt. Then I pull into the garage and use my ONR. I am very pleased!

CptanPanic
01-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Just used ONR yesterday for the first time, and it works great. Definitely what I will be using from now on.