PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy's wheel sealant.

Pages : 1 [2]

Jonboy
07-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Another vote here for the PB's sealant 2 coats on the wheels and just rinse with every wash

The only other thing though it could also be down to the AIO or 845 that went on before the sealant :D

BlackCoupe
07-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Are you sure their black steelies? When I think of black steelies I think of the rice can Civics, old pickups etc running around on black steelies.

I think I know a black steelie! Yup--Just like an old pick up. I have only seen one other on the road and one other on the lot like it.
I did order the alloy wheels separately. Then I cancelled them. Then they called today and said they had arrived, and since I could see it was bothering you, I said what the heck, and they are putting them on Monday.

ScottB
07-07-2006, 06:04 PM
I have to paint the roof to match the truck .... and if anyone cares I like the DP Wheel Sealant better than PB. Seems to have a little cleaning power, but both last about the same 4 weeks or so.

Surfer
07-07-2006, 06:52 PM
I think I know a black steelie! Yup--Just like an old pick up. I have only seen one other on the road and one other on the lot like it.
I did order them alloy wheels separately. Then I cancelled them. Then they called today and said they had arrived, and since I could see it was bothering you, I said what the heck, and they are putting them on Monday.lol

wytstang
07-08-2006, 10:14 AM
I'm on week 3 with PB WS and the water still beads tight. I clean them with QEW/h2o in a 32oz bottle and the crap just slides right off. This includes the inside of the rims.....

scooterguitar
07-08-2006, 10:44 AM
I think I strip my wheel sealants off everytime I wash because I use an all wheel cleaner to get the grime off. Anyone know what sealer holds up to the wheel cleaners?

joe.p
07-08-2006, 11:37 AM
probably none,
I have to go through extensive cleaning wheith my wheels, although i use KAIO,Pro Polish with sealants i can't get any long term durability. I think this might be causedby the heat generatedfrom the breaks and causes the sealants to break down prematurely. I use a dedicated brush with 2 buckets one with soap the other is a rinse bucket in the soap bucket is hot water. I then rinse the wheels with cold water followed up with Megs APC then i agitate with a brush ,when all done i use the leaf blower to dry the wheels then follow up with a spray sealant..

each style of wheels varie some easier some harder then others theres no magic product that can help with a daily driver . with a good maintenance regimen and a little effort we can make it some what easier .. my 02

ScottB
07-08-2006, 11:59 AM
:iagree:

Wheel cleaners are made of any dozen of materials (surfacants, lye, acid) and each of these attack the sealant quite quickly. As such, I use car wash and soap several times and then a wheel cleaner (P21S, Pinnacle, Griots) to spruce them up and add another coat of protectant maybe every 6-8 washes.

Reddwarf
07-08-2006, 02:25 PM
As posted earlier on this thread, I can't comment on the PB wheel wax since I've not used it. However, the DP Wheel glaze is so far great! I applied it last weekend to my Jag and the DW's Quest. In the past I have ALWAYS used a wheel cleaner spray on the wheels. This is the first time I was able to wash the Jag and NOT use any wheel cleaning product. The glaze kept the wheels cleaner than without the glaze. I used an MF mitt with soapy water on the wheels and then dried with an MF. I was so happy with the result of the glaze on the Jag I applied another coat!

The wife's Quest was not as good. Apparently her front brakes generate more dust than the Jag. I had to use a brush with soapy water on front wheels, the back wheels looked clean with just water sprayed. I did use some soap on them and dried with an MF. I want to apply another coat of DP wheel Glaze to them as well (too hot outside now!)

dakevmann
07-08-2006, 02:33 PM
I have used the DP wheel glaze for about a month now and so far the wheel glaze has done very well. The front wheels on my truck get allot of brake dust very quickly but with the wheel glaze on there every couple of days I just hose off my front wheels with no problem.