PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Pipes

FloridaNative
07-06-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm just wondering what to use on my exhaust pipe. It is black plastic. I wanted to treat it with something to protect it from fading, but since it gets so hot, I didn't want to mess with it before asking here first. Thanks to all who reply. :cheers:

Surfer
07-06-2006, 03:49 PM
I have dual exhaust on my truck, chrome tips tucked in at an angle exiting behind each rear tire so they get dirty pretty quickly. I have a coating of Klasse AIO on the tips, looks good and makes cleaning easy, seems to hold up well to the heat of a V8.

Did you just say your piping is plastic though????? Are you talking maybe about the plastic shroud on some cars around the exhaust tip?

FloridaNative
07-06-2006, 03:54 PM
I don't know what you mean about a shroud, but it sticks out the rear end of the SUV and the exhaust comes out of there. It is a very hard kind of plastic.

Surfer
07-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Yup that's what I meant, it's usually a plastic surround in a certain spot that the exhaust pipe exits through. You said your exhaust piping though, which is why I was like "you have plastic piping"??? lol. What suv do you have? That plastic won't get to the temps the piping/tips are at, any type of trim dressing should work well.

FloridaNative
07-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Yup that's what I meant, it's usually a plastic surround in a certain spot that the exhaust pipe exits through. You said your exhaust piping though, which is why I was like "you have plastic piping"??? lol. What suv do you have? That plastic won't get to the temps the piping/tips are at, any type of trim dressing should work well.

Okay my bad, yeah the exhause piping is metal but I didn't know the name of that thing so I called it the pipe. LOL Sorryyyyyyyy. I have a Toyota.

Surfer
07-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Okay my bad, yeah the exhause piping is metal but I didn't know the name of that thing so I called it the pipe. LOL Sorryyyyyyyy. I have a Toyota.Guessing Rav 4 or 4runner? We have the big brother Lexus, LX470. On the LX we actually have a dual exhaust as well but it was just a rear bumper. I think the 4runner and Rav 4 both have a plastic shroud in the rear.

Tell you what, that new Rav aint a little econo x-over anymore lol. That bugger hauls ass now for the class it's in.

FloridaNative
07-06-2006, 04:49 PM
LOL!! Yeah I have an '06 Rav 4. I never would look at one before because it was so small, but when they came out with the '06 I went and test drove one and it was perfect! The only thing I would change on it, is the way that the wheel hangs over the bumper. The wheel cover always collects water and it drips on to the rear bumper all the time. I am always out there with my PB pro polish to keep the water from etching into it. But everything else about it is very nice. Love my little baby. :D