PDA

View Full Version : How about some mini-reviews?

makdaddy626
01-06-2008, 03:25 PM
I love reading everyone's experiences with all the different products... So, how about everyone take a minute to do a quick review of 3 products... They should be:

1. Your current favorite product - the product you'd hate to do your next detail without.

2. The product you tried for the first time most recently.

3. The last "loser" you tried - the one you WON'T be using again, or at least you won't be re-ordering it.

To get things started....
1. Liquid Souveran Spray Wax: I love this for after every wash, it's a spray so you know it's easy to apply and WOW the shine is deep and wet, like you just spent an hour with a tub of Souveran paste.

2. Pinn Shampoo (Thanks for the sample AG!): First impression was disappointment as the suds disappeared pretty quickly, in fact, if it didn't have the Pinnacle name on it I would have been hesitant to try it on my truck. Boy can first impressions be wrong... Really, really slick stuff, perhaps the slickest I've ever used (DG 901, PB SSS, Megs GC). Will probably be ordering more.

3. Clay Magic (blue): It worked great... for a while. It started disentigrating before I finished my first car (and it was my sister's MINI COOPER - not exactly huge). I was using the included lubricant so I don't think that should have happened.

lethalxls1
01-06-2008, 04:47 PM
1) RMG- this stuff made my car look deep dark black, really wet looking after topping it with Carnuba
2)Souveran- I am pretty sure everyone has used this but for those that havent-get some. I have a Black car and this wax is awsome on it.
3)Zaino car wash- I didnt like it very much. Not near enough suds action for me. It did have oils that made it slick and it did a ok job.I dont reccomend this for the foam gun.

Jimmie
01-06-2008, 06:30 PM
1. I've gotten addicted to drying cars using DP Final Gloss QD. I'm not sure if I could feel comfortable drying without it. Crazy, huh?
2. Two new products in play in the same time frame. SC Clearly Better Glass Cleaner and SC Tire Pro. Both good but they would be replacing really good products. Don't know yet.
3. Tough one. I don't want to call this a loser but I'm pretty sure that I won't reorder Optimum Car Wash. Just produces too many suds that sneak into cracks and sit there even with a good rinse. Does clean well with lots of lube.

ScottB
01-06-2008, 07:16 PM
three products you cannot due without trying :

1. Souveran Paste Wax
2. P21S Wheel Cleaner
3. Klasse AIO

sure theres more like Plexus, Leatherique, and Invisible Glass but these three items are long term hits and must haves.

Tonya
01-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Favorites:
Klasse AIO
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/10098-klasse-all-one-review-pics.html

ARO ~ oops there is a type in the title of the link and I can't correct it:D
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/8568-ar-vs-dp-gel-wheel-cleaner-pics.html
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/10251-you-know-you-ocd-when.html

Duragloss 221 is my favorite conditioner so far!
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/10099-duragloss-221-leather-conditioner-review-pics.html

It's OK but not my favorite!
I like the duragloss 201.... but not the smell! As one member said.. "it smells like a french #####.. now what women wants her car to smell like that. LOL :D LOL
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/9612-duragloss-201-review-w-pics.html

mixxer
01-06-2008, 08:49 PM
1 current fav- Klasse AIO

2. The product you tried for the first time most recently-- DP extreme car wash soap .It work awesome in the foam gun ,best soap so far just ahead of PB,optimum,and duragloss

3. The last "loser" you tried --- UPP spray sealant workes real nice but i feel the optimum is a little more user friendly so i wont be ordering it again but its not a bad product.

budman3
01-06-2008, 09:54 PM
1- Poorboy's Spray and Wipe: A truely great product. It is a car wash in a QD form. No hose, no buckets, no water. It can be used on anything short of mud without marring, it'll just require more towels. It is an exceptional product to clean up any drit or debris after driving in the rain or as a daily wipedown to prolong a bucket wash. I also use it to clean door jambs, wheels, and even windows at times.

2- Duragloss 105- I used this as winter prep side by side with Zaino Z1 and Z5. The smell was awefully similar to the Zaino, a scent that I have never smelt before in anyother detailing products, almost a strong chemical citrus smell. It was generally pretty easy to work with but dusted during removal, which could be from applying too thickly (which I don't think was the case though). I then topped with 845, OCW and now OS a few weeks later-- hard to tell the durability, especially during a rough winter so far.

3- This one is a little bit harder... I don't truely think any product is complete junk except Dupont's Spray wax... it was a nightmare to work with. However a few that I probably won't reorder would be -XMT1- too fine to remove anything but slight marring. -4 Star 40-40- it isn't terrible but it stains trim, fills a bit and a little rough to work with. -Surf City Nano Glaze- I was expecting more in the looks dept... -Shmitt- I prefer the LC ulti-mitt, sea sponge, and I have a grout sponge to try out in the future.

cls
01-06-2008, 10:01 PM
1. Souveran Paste wax - a must have for black car owners.easy to use and really adds depth and shine.
2. Souveran Spray wax- adds pop and slickiness to paste wax a week after.very easy to use and love the smell.
3. Wolfgang Sealant - pricey and lacks durability for a sealant.

Mr Dream Machines
01-08-2008, 07:28 AM
1. Menzerna SIP 85RD 3
2. Glare Zero - brilliant product that is in a class of it's own
3. Clearkote - won't be using anything of theirs anymore. Got made obsolete by three superior brands

Junebug
01-08-2008, 01:43 PM
1. Menzerna 91, 106 and 87 - great - well worth the $
2. 3M Extra Cut 3000 and UltrafinaSE - get the 3M pads too, great compound and final polish.
3. Wolfgang - never tried a more under-performing brand, sealer cost 3 times what 105 costs and lasts half as long