PDA

View Full Version : Best Wax/Sealant For Black Car

Pages : [1] 2 3

Darren F
07-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Just recently caved in and got my first ever black car. Curious to know which Wax/Sealant is best for black that will not cause swirl marks or even hide and remove them. Unfortunately dont have as much time as I used to to take care of my car since I now have a new baby. So I am looking for the easiest way to get the best results. Thanks

Surfer
07-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Easiest and for durability I would say Poorboy's EX-P and Natty's Blue wax, Wolfgang's Sealent is great as well. But either way your going to want a good paint prep from either polishing or at least a cleaner like Klasse AIO before hand. Sealent/Wax is nothing without good paint prep.

If you want the best durability from a nuba grab some Collinite Past Wax from a boating store which will be easy in Miami.

Darren F
07-06-2006, 09:41 AM
What do you think of Meguiars NXT Tech Wax? Heard some good stuff about it. In the past on my Yellow car I used The Wax Shop Liguid Wax, hear anything about that one?

Mike T
07-06-2006, 09:46 AM
I use WGDG topped with Pinnicle LS. The results are sick.

Meghan
07-06-2006, 10:24 AM
I use WGDG topped with Pinnicle LS. The results are sick.
:iagree:

Darren F
07-06-2006, 10:30 AM
In the past I have always used an Orbital Buffer to apply and remove wax, polish, ect. is that ok on a black car?

BILL
07-06-2006, 11:09 AM
In the past I have always used an Orbital Buffer to apply and remove wax, polish, ect. is that ok on a black car?

It's ok if you know what your doing.......Polish O.B ok, Wax by hand, IMHO:)

Darren F
07-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Any reason you wax by hand? Thought the best thing about the Orbital Buffer was that it better than doing it by hand and no worry about burning the paint

BILL
07-06-2006, 11:33 AM
Any reason you wax by hand? Thought the best thing about the Orbital Buffer was that it better than doing it by hand and no worry about burning the paint

i doubt you'll burn the paint with a P.C RANDOM ORBITAL BUFFER, That's the beauty of it, where as a reg orbiter where it has to be moving all the time and really only used by the pro's is more dangerous in in-experienced hands......... and I really doubt you'll burn the paint by hand.........although?? nothing would surprise me.........

Darren F
07-06-2006, 11:51 AM
I only would use a Random Orbital Buffer...Would never take the chance of burning the paint with one of the high speed buffers

BILL
07-06-2006, 12:05 PM
I only would use a Random Orbital Buffer...Would never take the chance of burning the paint with one of the high speed buffers

SMART MAN;)

Bluesbrekr
07-06-2006, 12:47 PM
No matter how careful you are, a black car will get swirls (at least mine does) I have removed them with a random orbital and SSR 2.5 on a white pad. I have had good luck with Optimum polish also.

After that, I've used AIO and UPP topped with either Natty's Blue or Souveran.

Darren F
07-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Help me out here im new to this. What is SSR2.5, AIO and UPP?

supercharged
07-06-2006, 01:47 PM
SSR 2.5 is Poorboy's super swirl remover, AIO is Klasse all in one, and UPP is ultimate paint protection form 4star.

FloridaNative
07-06-2006, 01:48 PM

There's no need to apply a wax by machine. Good waxes go on and wipe off so easily and especially in the case of souveran where you remove it while it's still wet there is even less reason to apply with machine. I am an Old School girl. I enjoy the connection to the car that I get with waxing it by hand. I guess for liquid waxes there may be some benefit to applying it with a machine, but in that case I would just use a DA polisher. This is just my opinion, take it for what it's worth and congrats on the new baby!! Did your wife have a boy or a girl? It just keeps getting better and better! Enjoy it!:cheers: