PDA

View Full Version : Question About PB Pro Polish & PWS

Reddwarf
01-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Question About PB Pro Polish & PWS

I recently received my order of PB Pro Polish and Polish with Sealant. I had to work today so I didn't get started on my wife's Nissan Quest until about 3:00 PM. I washed it and did a bit more work that I'll write up tomorrow. However, before that I have a question about my new products.

My plan tomorrow is to polish and wax the Quest. I was thinking of applying a coat of PB Pro Polish via the UDM, followed by PWS, and lastly either Natty's Blue or Red.

My questions:

1.Is the Pro Polish a wasted step? My thought was it would clean the paint for the PWS, but then is this really going to gain me anything?
2.What pad would be best to use with the Pro Polish? I have LC Smart Pads white, gray, blue, green and orange.
3.What is the best method for applying the PWS? Which pad is recommended? Do I use it like any other polish or is it like XMT 360 that you polish until it disappears?

I look forward to any advice!

Jimmie
01-05-2008, 08:02 PM
I've used both products a lot and here are my thoughts. To do the whole car with Pro Polish is a wasted step since PwS does a good job of cleaning the paint. Here's the way that I use Pro Polish. I apply it by hand to areas that I can't reach with a PC, like rocker panels, under door handles, etc. PwS I use with a PC (usually E2K green) and work it until I get the dry looking translucent haze (almost disappears but you don't want to buff dry). I do the whole car before wiping-off. I think that you will enjoy both products.

dengood1
01-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Yes, it's much like XMT 360. You'll get 2-3 passes before it almost disappears. Pro polish will probably take out a tiny bit more than the PWS, but not enough to use it before the PWS. You will like the PWS....good product. Pro polish is a finishing polish, which will remove hazing and very light blemishes. I don't know if the PWS will remove the same, probably not but I could be wrong.

budman3
01-05-2008, 08:26 PM
One or the other... no need for both on the same vehicle. Both are exceptional chemical cleaners but PwS is a lot easier to work with plus it leaves behind a sealant as well. You can use PwS with a light cut pad to clean up and swirls, a polishing pad will clean up any micromarring and a finishing pad when you work it in very little will leave the surface very slick and be quite durable for an AIO.

Reddwarf
01-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Excellent help! Thanks much. As I suspected it sounds like the Pro Polish would be more work than needed. I'm thinking I'll use the PWS with a green Pad or orange. Going back over it with a finishing pad seems like that might be a good idea too.

Thanks again. I'll be sure to post the results.

Mike T
01-05-2008, 09:07 PM
One or the other... no need for both on the same vehicle. Both are exceptional chemical cleaners but PwS is a lot easier to work with plus it leaves behind a sealant as well. You can use PwS with a light cut pad to clean up and swirls, a polishing pad will clean up any micromarring and a finishing pad when you work it in very little will leave the surface very slick and be quite durable for an AIO.
:iagree:

Dust2Glory
01-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Excellent help! Thanks much. As I suspected it sounds like the Pro Polish would be more work than needed. I'm thinking I'll use the PWS with a green Pad or orange. Going back over it with a finishing pad seems like that might be a good idea too.

Thanks again. I'll be sure to post the results.

i have some of the PwS and I love it... if your paint in great condition, i would use white pad on about speed 4-5. any faster and you'll break down the protective parts of the PwS and you'd really be wasting ur time

Reddwarf
01-06-2008, 12:46 AM
Hey Dust, thanks for the tip! Thats good to know.