PDA

View Full Version : Woolite and headliners

keninnj
07-05-2006, 10:24 PM
This is actually a two part question. I am brand new to this forum. I have noticed a lot of people like using a woolite and water mixture for cleaning the carpet and fabric seats in their cars. But once you mix it and spray it I was wondering what you do? Do you scrub it in, blot it, let it dry naturally or waht? The second part of my question is about using this on your headliner. I have always been afraid to use anything on a headliner due to the fear of the moisture, etc making the headliner seperating and eventually hanging? My car is 15 years old so is this really safe to do?

joe.p
07-06-2006, 12:29 AM
I use Megs all purpose cleaner for headliners,carpets and seats. when used with headliners i spray it on sparingly then blot dry with a MF.

I like to use the woolite for the leather seats if you don't have a good dilution
ratio it can be soapy..

ScottB
07-06-2006, 06:03 PM
I put it in a spray bottle, saturate lightly, and then rub as lightly as possible back and forth. Very important when possible to follow the grain of the fabric and make sure all carpet goes the same way so the area does not stick out. Seem some that vacuum afterwards to leave markings, cool lines.

keninnj
07-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Thanks I will give it a try.

dakevmann
07-06-2006, 10:43 PM
I'm going to have to try this on my headliner I have been affraid to use regular carpet cleaner because I was affraid it would be to harsh, but this sounds like a good idea.

BILL
07-07-2006, 08:02 AM
rub as lightly as possible back and forth. Very important when possible to follow the grain

Killr: rub with what??? M.F. towel......??

ScottB
07-07-2006, 06:17 PM
rub as lightly as possible back and forth. Very important when possible to follow the grain

Killr: rub with what??? M.F. towel......??

I usually use a microfiber towel (white one as I still worry about color transfer), I also found that a terry cloth applicator works well also and fits in hand quite nicely.

BILL
07-07-2006, 06:20 PM
I usually use a microfiber towel (white one as I still worry about color transfer), I also found that a terry cloth applicator works well also and fits in hand quite nicely.

great thanks.......:cheers: