PDA

View Full Version : interior

swash9
01-05-2008, 11:14 AM
whats the best way to detail the inside of a car

Tonya
01-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Here is a link to the Pinnacle interior cleaning video clip.
Pinnacle Natural Brilliance, pinnacle car care products, souveran, signature series, carnauba, paintwork cleansing lotion, car wax, paint protection (http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacleprod.html)
This should give you a good start.

Jimmie
01-05-2008, 02:23 PM
You will get a lot of different routines on this subject. Here's mine.
*Collect loose stuff from all of the open and some closed compartments. Put in a large baggie.
*Remove Mats and rubber cup holder type inserts.
*Vacuum Mats, carpets, seats, nooks, and crannies.
*Shampoo mats and carpets (I always do them early to maximize the drying time).
*Clean all vinyl, plastic on dash, doors, and the inserts you removed earlier.
*Clean seats.
(I clean everything before I dress anything)
*Dress plastic, vinyl. Condition leather. Plex-all clear plastic , wood grain. Brush vents. Replace inserts.
*Clean glass
*Replace mats
*Spray for odor
If it's an interior only detail I'll do door jambs, but I usually do the jambs during the wash phase since they will need to be dried anyway.
Hope this helps but understand that you will see many different sequences.

Tonya
01-05-2008, 02:38 PM
:goodpost: Jimmie!
Also a member taught us a trick about windows. Wipe the inside of the window horizonal or parallel and vise versa on the outside. That way if you have a streek you can tell if it is on the inside or outside.;)

sparkie
01-06-2008, 07:43 AM
You will get a lot of different routines on this subject. Here's mine.
*Collect loose stuff from all of the open and some closed compartments. Put in a large baggie.
*Remove Mats and rubber cup holder type inserts.
*Vacuum Mats, carpets, seats, nooks, and crannies.
*Shampoo mats and carpets (I always do them early to maximize the drying time).
*Clean all vinyl, plastic on dash, doors, and the inserts you removed earlier.
*Clean seats.
(I clean everything before I dress anything)
*Dress plastic, vinyl. Condition leather. Plex-all clear plastic , wood grain. Brush vents. Replace inserts.
*Clean glass
*Replace mats
*Spray for odor
If it's an interior only detail I'll do door jambs, but I usually do the jambs during the wash phase since they will need to be dried anyway.
Hope this helps but understand that you will see many different sequences.
:whs::iagree::goodpost: Jimmie

TOGWT
01-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Interiors:
All kinds of dust, fumes, smoke and dirt builds up inside of a cars interior, much of it is brought in by the driver and passengers, but traffic fumes and air-borne dirt enters via the vehicles ventilation system.
Every single interior surface is affected. Periodically it needs to be thoroughly cleaned to remove pollutants and preserve the original surfaces, ensuring the vehicles like-new condition. The surfaces involved in this cleaning are; glass, vinyl, leather, plastics, fabric, carpets and various acrylic surfaces.
(See Section 10)

To remove stains the surface tension that bonds them must be released, then the stain encapsulated and held in suspension to be removed. I’m repeatedly asked which product is the best interior cleaner. There is no one-product answer; as the so-called all purpose cleaners (APC) do not remove every stain, different stains require different solvents to remove them.

When cleaning a stain, try detergent and water first. If this does not remove the stain, then try a stronger type cleaner) once fabric is clean apply a fabric protection (303TM High Tech Fabric Guard) Between these cleaners you should be able to remove 99% of stains occurring in a vehicle and around the home; Start with a 10:1 solution and decrease dilution as necessary;
Carpets- 303™ Rug / Upholstery Cleaner & Spot Remover or Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover
P21S Total Auto Wash (its active ingredient is d-limonene (citrus) a safe all purpose cleaner (APC)
Woolite® Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam or Hoover Deep Cleansing Carpet/Upholstery Detergent

Fabric seats - 303™ Rug / Upholstery Cleaner & Spot Remover or 303™ Aerospace Cleaner
Vinyl interior trim cleaning- the interior trim consists of the dash, vents, hard plastic surfaces and vinyl trim. These surfaces all can be cleaned using a damp micro fibre towel and a 5:1 Woolite / distilled water solution and with a water-based, anti-static cleaner Iz einszett Cockpit Premium; even at high temperatures, its thermo-stable action protects the product against break-down or 1Z Cockpit Premium as a matte finish dressing. Alternative - Einszett Vinyl-Rubber Care + Protectant 'Tiefenpfleger'
Plastic - For all plastic surfaces (BTI Chemicals Plexus® Plastic Polish & Cleaner) including wood, as they are protected with a urethane clear coat

Leather – a solution of Woolite and distilled water and Leather Master Protection, as a shield against stains etc

Washable surfaces - Distilled water / Woolite 10:1 or 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover ™

Glass surfaces - Stoner's Invisible Glass and a (Norwex) glass cleaning cloth with a super tight knit.

Headliner - Duragloss 451 Fabric & Carpet Cleaner (http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/Products,57,toView_248.html.) Aerosol Foam (FC) Is a blend of surfactants, which gently foam away soil, oil and grease from fabric and carpet surfaces. Spot cleaning can be done without leaving rings on fabrics, carpet and velour - http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/Products,57,toView_248.html (http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/Products,57,toView_248.html).

Wood surfaces – Klasse or Zaino All-In-One (AIO)

Ultra violet (UV) protection - for all interior surfaces- 303™ Aerospace Protectant or
Optimum Protectant Plus

Fabric / Carpet Protection – 303™ High Tech Fabric Guard, 3M Scotchgard™ Fabric protector, Stoner's Carpet and Upholstery foam Fluoro chemicals (polymer latex) are mostly inert so by applying it to fabric it can be protected from stains and soiling.

Leather Protection – Leather Master’s Protection

Ultra Violet Protection (UV) - 303™ Aerospace Protectant

Tonya
01-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Thanks TOGWT! I appreciate the information and product recommendations!