PDA

View Full Version : Zymol Waxes

Excessive Detail
01-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Will someone pm me that has used any Zymol waxes before.

CalgaryDetail
01-04-2008, 12:49 PM
pm sent

ScottB
01-04-2008, 11:17 PM
I have tried many of the Estate line including Destiny, Titanium, Concours, Carbon, Ital (both versions), Atlantique and Fantasy (long cancelled).

Dieseldan
01-04-2008, 11:28 PM
ital,concours,creme

m4gician
01-04-2008, 11:39 PM
isn't this the off-topic forum? Aren't we supposed to be talking about holidays and football? Plus can't we all get in trouble for using the "z-word" ??

MikeyC
01-05-2008, 12:04 AM
I have tried many of the Estate line including Destiny, Titanium, Concours, Carbon, Ital (both versions), Atlantique and Fantasy (long cancelled).
Fantasy? That one must be LONG cancelled. I've been a Zymol user for at least 10 years and I've never heard of it.

ScottB
01-05-2008, 08:59 AM
Fantasy? That one must be LONG cancelled. I've been a Zymol user for at least 10 years and I've never heard of it.

I believe that was the name, its been 10+ years. It was designed for the corvette specifically, but I truly believe it was just a rebadged product from them. It "supposedly" worked on fiberglass cars better. Around that time they offered NSX, Z3, and one other specialty wax for specific cars.

Only product I still want to try is Glasur ...but not spending 110.00 when I have personally found the results from the line that I want/expect.

MikeyC
01-05-2008, 03:04 PM
I believe that was the name, its been 10+ years. It was designed for the corvette specifically, but I truly believe it was just a rebadged product from them. It "supposedly" worked on fiberglass cars better. Around that time they offered NSX, Z3, and one other specialty wax for specific cars.

Only product I still want to try is Glasur ...but not spending 110.00 when I have personally found the results from the line that I want/expect.
I hear you. I think I'm done trying new waxes for a little while. I've found a wax that pretty much delivers everything that I'm looking for.

CalgaryDetail
01-06-2008, 11:45 PM
I hear you. I think I'm done trying new waxes for a little while. I've found a wax that pretty much delivers everything that I'm looking for.

im curious to know what that is :righton: care to share?

Dieseldan
01-07-2008, 12:26 AM
i am going to guess SW concours tho just a guess :-)

Thejoyofdriving
01-07-2008, 01:39 AM
My opinion on zymol waxes, or any other wax that is in the hundreds of dollars that offer no other advantage besides a "claimed increase in gloss" is really that there is no point. Remember perp reflects 95% of what the car is going to look like. Rather than dropping 100+ dollars on a wax, use that money on some menzerna polishes, or a flex, that way you will really get what you pay for. There are really a lot of other way more useful detailing products that you could get with that money. the whole thing how Zymol and other company's make waxes for certain cars, is really, nothing but a good marketing gimik. Think about it, there are only a hand full of different major clear coat manufacturers. Do you really think that the paint on car A or car B is going to be that different to the point that using a wax "specially" made for a specific car is going to make a real difference. The 200$ dollar ferrari wax that zymol makes for example, im willing to bet you that that wax would look just as good or work just as well on another car that is not a ferrari.

Dieseldan
01-09-2008, 11:37 PM
I have used ital on a few cars at still looked amazing to me :-)