PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Polishes- Methodology Part II

Pages : [1] 2

TOGWT
01-04-2008, 03:44 AM
Menzerna Professional Polishes Key: Name/ Number/Formula/ Polish Type/Cut / Gloss

1. Power Gloss (POS 34A) 22984 Compound will remove 1000 grit, cut 5.0 - gloss 1.5, 1500 – 1800 RPM - LC Purple Foamed Wool, Yellow (A hard / dense foam composition (40 PPI) abrasive cutting action) or Orange (mid range, high density foam (60 PPI) medium abrasive cutting action) CCS foam pads

2. Final Polish (PO85RE) Finishing 22972 will remove 3500 grit, cut 2.0 - gloss 5.0, 1200 RPM -White (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action) or a Blue (finessing) LC CCS foam pad

Notes -Both Super Intensive Polish (SIP) and Nano Polish (106FF) were formulated for Ceramiclear paints, the micro diminishing abrasives are milled finer and much harder, and also contain a higher abrasive content, 7% were as the other polishes contain 3% abrasives.

All Menzerna’s polishes can be used on any isocyanate polyurethane (conventional clear coats) these polishes are very intolerant of silicone oils as they will cause surface smearing. (I use Optimum- Hyper Compound, and Hi Temp - Heavy when in sun (but not direct sunlight)
(See also Surface Preparation)

3. Super Intensive Polish (PO83Q) Polish 22923 - will remove 2000 grit, cut 3.5 – gloss 3.0, 1300 RPM - primed Orange (mid range, high density foam (60 PPI) medium abrasive cutting action) LC CCS foam pads SIP followed by 106FFP then 85FP for an amazing finish on a black car

Power Finish (PO203S) - ''' will remove 2500 grit, cut 0.0- gloss 0.0, 1500 RPM - primed Orange (mid range, high density foam (60 PPI) medium abrasive cutting action)or a White primed (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action) this is a a one-step scratch remover and polish

[B]4. Nano Polish (106FF) Finishing 22865 - will remove 2500 grit, for light surface marring and / or surface finishing, cut 2.5 - gloss 5.0 This polish is formulated with very finely milled micro diminishing abrasives so they don’t require much friction to ‘breakdown’ and won’t cause surface marring, for LSP ready use a primed White polishing (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action ) followed by a Blue finishing LC CCS foam pad - 1100 RPM

5. Final Finish Polish (PO106FA) Finishing 22911 the up-rated version of P0106FF, this polish is formulated with very finely milled micro abrasives so they don’t require much to ‘breakdown’ and won’t cause surface marring. It will remove 2500 - 3000 grit, for surface finishing, cut: 2.5 – gloss 5.0 contains very finely milled micro diminishing abrasives that have a sharp edge that can cut ceramic clear coats as well as the more conventional clear coats, for LSP ready use a primed White (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action) followed by a Blue finishing LC CCS foam pad - 1100 RPM

6. Finishing Touch Glaze (PO115CQ) - is a water-based emulsion comprising glycerine, mineral oils and kaolin (China clay). The mineral oils enhance the wetness and depth of the finish, particularly on darker coloured cars, while the kaolin fills and masks minor swirl marks and other flaws. It does not contain any abrasives or cleaning agents. It is designed to improve the brilliance and clarity of painted surfaces, and mask or visually reduce the extent of any imperfections for use in the event that by removing very deep scratches, or when a paint gauge indicates a very thin clear coat paint surface, further use of abrasives would compromise the clear coat

7. Top Inspection (PP95) – use to inspect your work, use this water-based cleaner that removes dust left by compounding and any lubricating oils so you can see the real results of your work. There are no silicones or fillers, just gentle cleaning agents to uncover the real condition of your vehicle’s paint. However this is not the product you want to clay with or use to wipe down the car with after a wash, or use as a quick detailer (QD) as it will remove your wax / sealant (See also Silicone Removal, Surface Preparation)

Slow Hand method - (apologies to Eric C) using a random orbital polisher, Menzerna Final Finish (PO 106 FA or Nano Polish 105FF) and a LC White VC or CCS foam pad - this polish is formulated with very finely milled micro diminishing abrasives that allows for a consistent breakdown and thus a consistent micro marring free finish when used - Start at speed # 4, move the pad slowly across the area, then speed # 5, without any pressure, when the polish starts to go clear, spray the pad with distilled water, reduce to speed # 4, then spray pad again, and then increase to speed # 5 and apply pressure.

Apply polish at a machine linear speed (MLS) of approximately 0.25 to 0.5-inch per second. Regardless of the polish you choose, ensure that you keep your work area small, around 18- Inch by 18-inch panel (hence ‘slow hand’) Finely burnish paint surface using an ultra-fine (100 PPI) finishing, primed foam pad (LC Black Finessing CCS Foam pad) this method is time consuming but the results are well worthwhile.

TOGWT ™ Copyright © 2002-2007. Jon Miller, all rights reserved

Dieseldan
01-04-2008, 05:11 AM
Wow this is great

Did u write this TOGWT?

Bernard
01-04-2008, 05:21 AM
Thank you kindly TOGWT. ;)

Showroom Shine
01-04-2008, 07:11 AM
Someone has done their homework here. Thanks Again!

TOGWT
01-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Wow this is great

Did u write this TOGWT?

Yes; see TOGWT ™ Copyright © 2002-2007. Jon Miller, all rights reserved

maesal
01-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Thank you again Jon.
I only see 105FF in your posts. Is it right or is it a mistake and you're talking about 106FF?

Dieseldan
01-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Yes; see TOGWT ™ Copyright © 2002-2007. Jon Miller, all rights reserved

Have you or are you writing a book?

Do you have all of your writings compiled into one post?

VERY impressed, u on autopia?

sorry for all questions

ZoranC
01-05-2008, 02:09 AM
Jon, thank you, thank you, thank you, for selflessly sharing with the community!

TOGWT
01-05-2008, 06:56 AM
Dieseldan;161877]
1. Have you or are you writing a book? Yes
2. Do you have all of your writings compiled into one post? No the book contains 300+ pages
3. VERY impressed. Thank you
4. Are you on Autopia- No

“Automotive Detailing Inside & Out, A Knowledge Base for the Perfectionist"– by Jon Miller aka TOGWT™

I hope to have it for sale on my website TOGWT.com end January - early February 2008

This collection of answers to detailing problems and technical information was used for about five plus years to answer questions on various forums, I then decided to put all the information in a 300 + page book form and e-publish it as a definitive guide to automobile detailing, and for less than the price of a quality Carnauba wax.

It's not just a How it works, but also a “Why” it works, as well as an explanation of the scientific terminology. I try to write in a way that helps the reader to understand not only "How" to do something, but "Why" they are doing it, along with the technical, scientific facts along with any relevant chemical information, but if you’ve read any of my forum posts / threads you'll already understand just what I mean

The purpose of this book is to show you various ways, utilizing various skills and experience levels, on how to retrieve the original or better appearance / finish to your vehicles bodywork and its interior and how to preserve and maintain it, along with product recommendations and there correct application methods.

Well, while I’m certainly not a subject-matter expert, much less a guru; I don’t mind sharing the knowledge I have gained from almost five decades of detailing experience, the insights from my profession as a Chemical Engineer, and the research carried out in order to compile a detailing reference book.

I would strongly suggest that you verify any information that I or anyone else shares with you.

trhland
01-05-2008, 07:24 AM
cant wait!! ill be the first to order

ZoranC
01-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Jon, I am looking forward to the book. Thank you once again!

TOGWT
01-07-2008, 03:25 AM
Thank you all for your confidence in me by making this a 'sticky'.

Be aware that I don’t manufacture, sell or have any vested interest in any of the products mentioned; other manufacturers products may work equally well. I have tested the products mentioned and have found that they will perform the task more than adequately using the methodology and tools cited.

TOGWT
01-07-2008, 06:21 AM
Thank you again Jon.
I only see 105FF in your posts. Is it right or is it a mistake and you're talking about 106FF?

4. Nano Polish (106FF) Finishing 22865 - will remove 2500 grit, for light surface marring and / or surface finishing, cut 2.5 - gloss 5.0 for LSP ready use a primed White (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action )LC CCS foam pad - 1100 RPM

5. Final Finish Polish (PO105FA) the up-rated version of P0106FF, this polish is formulated with very finely milled micro abrasives so they don’t require much to ‘breakdown’ and won’t cause surface marring. It
will remove 2500 - 3000 grit, for surface finishing, cut: 2.5 – gloss 5.0 contains very finely milled micro diminishing abrasives that have a sharp edge that can cut ceramic clear coats as well as the more conventional clear coats, for LSP ready use a primed White (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action) LC CCS foam pad, 1100 RPM.

maesal
01-07-2008, 06:53 AM
4. Nano Polish (106FF) Finishing 22865 - will remove 2500 grit, for light surface marring and / or surface finishing, cut 2.5 - gloss 5.0 for LSP ready use a primed White (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action )LC CCS foam pad - 1100 RPM

5. Final Finish Polish (PO105FA) the up-rated version of P0106FF, this polish is formulated with very finely milled micro abrasives so they don’t require much to ‘breakdown’ and won’t cause surface marring. It
will remove 2500 - 3000 grit, for surface finishing, cut: 2.5 – gloss 5.0 contains very finely milled micro diminishing abrasives that have a sharp edge that can cut ceramic clear coats as well as the more conventional clear coats, for LSP ready use a primed White (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action) LC CCS foam pad, 1100 RPM.

I'm a bit puzzled Jon, I used in the past Final Finish 106FF and nowadays I use a lot 106FA, but never heard about any 105XX.
Here (http://www.menzerna.de/93.html?&no_cache=1&L=1&tx_drblob_pi1%5BdownloadUid%5D=10) the product info in the Menzerna web. It doesn't appear 106FF because it is outdated, it just appears the 106FA.

TOGWT
01-07-2008, 08:01 AM
I'm a bit puzzled Jon, I used in the past Final Finish 106FF and nowadays I use a lot 106FA, but never heard about any 105XX.
Here (http://www.menzerna.de/93.html?&no_cache=1&L=1&tx_drblob_pi1%5BdownloadUid%5D=10) the product info in the Menzerna web. It doesn't appear 106FF because it is outdated, it just appears the 106FA.

You are correct 106FF > 106FA- corrections made