PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Polishes- Methodology Part II

Pages : 1 [2]

maesal
01-07-2008, 08:52 AM
You are correct 106FF > 106FA- corrections made

Ok Jon. Thanks again.
I'm a bit curious about why do you always recommend the white CCS pad with the 106FA or FF. Maybe is your way of showing an example of use, I don't know.

TOGWT
01-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Ok Jon. Thanks again.
I'm a bit curious about why do you always recommend the white CCS pad with the 106FA or FF. Maybe is your way of showing an example of use, I don't know.

These polishes are foam pad ‘dependant’ as far as its paint correction / renovation abilities are concerned (i.e. use a polishing foam followed by a finishing foam pad) It is not de rigueur to use a cutting pad first but it’s difficult to judge what finish correction is required. Diagnosis is the key; not guesswork; always use the least abrasive product / foam pad combination before ‘stepping-up’ to something more aggressive.

maesal
01-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Yes, I agree, but I prefer using other polishing pads, I don't like the CCS. For example yesterday I compared using a black polishing pad from 3M and a white CCS polishing pad and the one from 3M performed better imho. But it will be people who prefer the CCS pads, sure.

TOGWT
01-08-2008, 03:26 AM
Yes, I agree, but I prefer using other polishing pads, I don't like the CCS. For example yesterday I compared using a black polishing pad from 3M and a white CCS polishing pad and the one from 3M performed better imho. But it will be people who prefer the CCS pads, sure.

Lake County Mfg CCS foam pads are what I use / prefer; so I use them as a benchmark (thats the reason behind so much info i.e. colour, PPI, foam composition, etc) so that would enable anyone to select an equivalent foam by another mfg.

Let me know if you have any questions, I’m only too glad to share knowledge / experience

maesal
01-08-2008, 03:35 AM
Lake County Mfg CCS foam pads are what I use / prefer; so I use them as a benchmark (thats the reason behind so much info i.e. colour, PPI, foam composition, etc) so that would enable anyone to select an equivalent foam by another mfg.

Let me know if you have any questions, I’m only too glad to share knowledge / experience

And you do it very well my friend, thanks for so many advices :righton:

Largebore
06-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Dieseldan;161877]
1. Have you or are you writing a book? Yes
2. Do you have all of your writings compiled into one post? No the book contains 300+ pages
3. VERY impressed. Thank you
4. Are you on Autopia- No

“Automotive Detailing Inside & Out, A Knowledge Base for the Perfectionist"– by Jon Miller aka TOGWT™

I hope to have it for sale on my website TOGWT.com end January - early February 2008

This collection of answers to detailing problems and technical information was used for about five plus years to answer questions on various forums, I then decided to put all the information in a 300 + page book form and e-publish it as a definitive guide to automobile detailing, and for less than the price of a quality Carnauba wax.

It's not just a How it works, but also a “Why” it works, as well as an explanation of the scientific terminology. I try to write in a way that helps the reader to understand not only "How" to do something, but "Why" they are doing it, along with the technical, scientific facts along with any relevant chemical information, but if you’ve read any of my forum posts / threads you'll already understand just what I mean

The purpose of this book is to show you various ways, utilizing various skills and experience levels, on how to retrieve the original or better appearance / finish to your vehicles bodywork and its interior and how to preserve and maintain it, along with product recommendations and there correct application methods.

Well, while I’m certainly not a subject-matter expert, much less a guru; I don’t mind sharing the knowledge I have gained from almost five decades of detailing experience, the insights from my profession as a Chemical Engineer, and the research carried out in order to compile a detailing reference book.

I would strongly suggest that you verify any information that I or anyone else shares with you.

Tried your site but nothing on it !

TOGWT
06-06-2008, 04:49 AM
A Vehicle Detailing Guide; that provides knowledge and solutions to automotive detailing problems that meticulous car owners, and dedicated detailing enthusiasts and professionals alike trust and rely on

For further details - e-mail information@TOGWT.com

Bunky
06-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Yes; see TOGWT ™ Copyright © 2002-2007. Jon Miller, all rights reserved

I googled some of the text and saw this was word for word posted on the Detailers Club Norway discussion board by espn86 on Jan 9, 2008.

Are you espn86 or did the espn86 guy post your info? I can send link.

TOGWT
06-07-2008, 04:39 AM
I post on quite a few forums, but always use my trademark name TOGWT

I've seen my info posted on many forums that I don't usually subscribe to. As long as they include
"TOGWT ™ Copyright © 2002-2007. Jon Miller, all rights reserved" I don't have a problem with it.

There is a service I use called 'COPYSCAPE' that lets me know when anything is copied on the web. I would only enforce my copyright if they are being paid for the information

lempilot
08-05-2008, 11:50 PM
The more I learn the dumber I feel. Thanks!!!

Totoland Mach
08-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Great info TOGWT!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting it. I recently acquired some 106FA and really like the results after compounding.

Toto