PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Polishes - Methodology Part I

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Thejoyofdriving
01-04-2008, 02:29 PM
hmmmm,ummmm, im a little confused by this MLS deal. how am i suppose to find out how many MLS the flex runs at? thanks.

Jimmie
01-04-2008, 04:20 PM
:applause: awesome thread. Really appreciate you taking the time to share your knowledge.
This would be a great sticky in that it takes a lot of trial and error experience to learn all of this. Even then one doesn't know the "why".

makdaddy626
01-04-2008, 04:41 PM
hmmmm,ummmm, im a little confused by this MLS deal. how am i suppose to find out how many MLS the flex runs at? thanks.

MLS - Mean Linear Speed, refers to the speed at which YOU move the polisher... faster with a rotary, slower with a PC/UDM - probably somewhere in the middle with the flex.

mixxer
01-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Dude you post the most interesting stuff!

lethalxls1
01-04-2008, 05:55 PM
^ +1

Gary Sword
01-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Nice post TOGWT!

ScottB
01-04-2008, 11:03 PM
this bites (no pun) as sticky material ....would any forum members like it stored as such ??

mixxer
01-04-2008, 11:14 PM
i think most of his posts should be a sticky ! lol

Thejoyofdriving
01-05-2008, 03:57 AM
MLS - Mean Linear Speed, refers to the speed at which YOU move the polisher... faster with a rotary, slower with a PC/UDM - probably somewhere in the middle with the flex.

Oh okay i see now! I was confused by that thanks. Makes sense now!:buffing:

Dieseldan
01-05-2008, 05:05 AM
this bites (no pun) as sticky material ....would any forum members like it stored as such ??

YES 100% agree

TOGWT
01-07-2008, 03:18 AM
Great information, thanks for sharing. Please pardon my ignorance, but what is a, "...duel level foam pad..."?

I don't think I answered this question very clearly, permit me to elaborate;

These diminishing abrasive polishes are foam pad ‘dependant’ as far as its paint correction / renovation abilities are concerned. Remember to use the least abrasive first before ‘stepping-up’ to the next abrasive level. The use of a duel level foam pad / single polish system; will change the way each polish works in accordance to which pad you use (i.e. use a polishing pad followed by a finishing pad) will really heighten the paint finish shine and they appear to work better when the foam pad is ‘primed’ a very slightly distilled water dampened foam; do not use a quick detailer (QD) as most are formulated with either a wax or a polymer; however they are not easily adaptable to a spray formula.

Hope this helps
JonM

Thank you all for your confidence in me by making this a 'sticky'.I don’t manufacture, sell or have any vested interest in any of the products mentioned; other manufacturers products may work equally well. I have tested the products mentioned and have found that they will perform the task more than adequately using the methodology and tools cited.

reason_being
01-29-2009, 08:41 PM
I love threads like this. THanks!

Showroom Shine
01-30-2009, 08:55 AM
:iagree::whs::goodpost:
Very informative, Thanks!

pwcheenie
01-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Thank you for the in depth explination of what to use and how to use it. Being a mechanic, I like to know the details on how to make things work properly. :goodpost:

redboost10
02-05-2009, 02:47 AM
getting ready to polish my car, got sip and nano on the way. thank you for the write up.

one question: do you basically mist the pad with water or qd before applying polish to it? or just damp it with water? a little lost on that step.

thank you all once again for all the help the last few days.