PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Vs. Menzerna, Forum Newbie

Pages : [1] 2

BMSPEED
01-03-2008, 06:32 PM
FORGIVE ME, I'M NEW AROUND HERE. I FIGURE THIS HAS BEEN DEBATED AT LEAST A 1,000 TIMES. JUST LOOKING FOR SOME ADVICE ON WHICH ARE THE BEST TO USE FOR DOMESTIC CARS. I KNOW THERES A LOT OF TALK ABOUT HARD HIGH SOLID PAINTS/ CLEARCOATS. IS THIS JUST ON EUROPEAN CARS OR BASICALLY ALL CARS TODAY? I DETAIL (NOT MY OCCUPATION) MOSTLY DOMESTICS, SO WHAT IS MY BEST COMBO FROM START TO FINISH?? ALL PINNACLE, ALL MENZ OR A COMBO? MOST OF THE CARS I DO HAVE TYPICAL LIGHT SWIRLS AND MARRING FROM EVERYDAY USE. I'D LOVE TO ACHEIVE THAT PERFECT BETTER THAN SHOWROOM SHINE THAT I HAVE BEEN SEEING ON THIS FORUM!! ALSO LOOKING TO GET AWAY FROM LOCAL MADE PRODUCTS. I USE A PC WITH LC PADS. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE INPUT.:buffing:

Fly bye
01-03-2008, 06:42 PM
I use Pinnacle products and get great results, but Menzerna makes some of the finest polish in the automotive detailing market today. Menzerna also costs more than Pinnacle too.

Fly bye
01-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Oh yeah...

http://www.look-ma.no-ip.com:8000/photos/.forum/caps_lock.jpg

BMSPEED
01-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Sorry About That, I Know It's A Little Annoying, But When You Type With 2 Fingers You Gotta Take Advantage Of The Caps Lock!! Lol

Sevenrd
01-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Domestic or foreign, Menzerna polishes work great. I've never tried Pinnacle's polishes.

D
01-03-2008, 11:50 PM
I think Menzerna polishes are 100x better then XMT.

ASPHALT ROCKET
01-04-2008, 05:20 AM
I have used Pinnacle XMT line and the swirl remover and advanced swirl remover. The Menzerna polishes work 100X's better. I really like the body shampoo, wheel gel, and Souveran over menzerna looks very nice also.

justin_murphy
01-04-2008, 08:02 AM
I think he was talking about the Pinnacle "twins".
Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover: Remove swirls and scratches, restore gloss, polish out oxidation, car polish, diminishing abrasives, pinnacle polish, restore auto paint (http://www.pinnaclewax.com/pin220.html)
Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish restores gloss, polishes out compounding marks, cleans paint. Prewax polish, final polish, car polish (http://www.pinnaclewax.com/pin230.html)

I have used them both.....old and new formula.......and really liked them. The remind me of the Menzerna line now. I think they are really underated polishes. They simply blow away the XMT line.

ASPHALT ROCKET
01-04-2008, 10:18 AM
You can not compare the pinnacle twins to menzerna-not even close-there is another product out there that is close to menzerna but, AG does not sell it.

BMSPEED
01-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the advice, after what I've been reading on the forums and the responses you guys have given me, looks like the menz is the hands down winner. Thanks again, this forum is great!!

makdaddy626
01-04-2008, 04:44 PM
I remember when I first started visiting AGO - the question of "which is the best polish" was asked about every other day and the answer was always - it just depends or there's not "Best" try several and decide what works for you and your paint. Now, since the Menz craze has started, the answer has changed to an almost unanimous MENZ!!!

BMSPEED
01-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Yeah it seems unanimous menz, I'm just trying to eliminate buying more than I need, I already have a shelf full of stuff I dont use, figured if a mix all my old stuff together it might make the next great all-in-one detail product from glass to tires!!! look for it on the home shopping channel! Im the MANhaha thanks again AG's

lethalxls1
01-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Menzerna SIP and Nano are awsome. Just go ahead and spend the extra on them-well worth it.

ScottB
01-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Menzerna for polishes and Pinnacles for waxes, quite simple and a product combo that always works !

Junebug
01-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Hey Killer, got souveran for Christmas, great wax, easy on and off but jeeez - if ya detail on the side like me, you want something that looks good for less $, I found it - NXT 2.0, I hope AG gets some in store soon cause once the word gets out, the masses will have to try it.