PDA

View Full Version : Good Polishes with Flex 3401?

Pages : [1] 2

m4gician
01-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Okay we've all heard and read that menzerna makes good polishes that work quite well with this beast.

Any verdict on OTHER brands of polishes that work?

I have the entire poorboys line and optimum polish line available and was wondering how well that might fair on the flex?

Driven Auto Detail
01-02-2008, 05:13 PM
My vote would be Optimum since that's what I use in my business. My Flex is on order. Can't wait to try it out.

Bert31
01-02-2008, 07:27 PM
My vote would be Optimum since that's what I use in my business. My Flex is on order. Can't wait to try it out.

Are you planning to use your Flex instead of a rotary or along with using a rotary in your business?

Z06-Goose
01-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Don't have the Flex yet but plan on it
Besides Menzerna, I have 1Z Intesiv Paste, and 1Z High Gloss Polishes. I like them a lot
I may add Optimum since I hear good things about it all the time...

m4gician
01-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Don't have the Flex yet but plan on it
Besides Menzerna, I have 1Z Intesiv Paste, and 1Z High Gloss Polishes. I like them a lot
I may add Optimum since I hear good things about it all the time...

I hear a lot of good things about optimum, and I'd love to know if I can "save" money by using it inplace of menzerna 106ff.

If Poorboys ssr2.5 works well I'd be a happy man.

Smith2287
01-02-2008, 10:07 PM
I got my flex for christmas and it's real cold here in NJ. One day it was in the 40's and I went outside and played with optimum compound and polish and had great results. I have the menz lineup but have only used it with my PC.

I love the flex after only being able to use it for a hour.

Thejoyofdriving
01-03-2008, 05:46 AM
Menzerna! I have used Menzerna polishes side by side with the flex along with optimum polishes and i can say with confidence that Menzerna polishes have superior gloss and correcting power.

Driven Auto Detail
01-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Are you planning to use your Flex instead of a rotary or along with using a rotary in your business?

I'm still learning the rotary so I'll most likely use the Flex for most jobs. If I have something that needs a lot of correction, it might end up being a combination of both.

Since I have a PC, UDM, Makita rotary, & Metabo rotary already, I'll probably look to sell the UDM and Makita. I use the PC on carpets when needed and the Metabo is a mainstay.

Driven Auto Detail
01-03-2008, 09:18 AM
I hear a lot of good things about optimum, and I'd love to know if I can "save" money by using it inplace of menzerna 106ff.

Just buy yourself a qt. of Optimum Polish and Optimum Compound. If you like the idea of little to no dust, you'll love Optimum. Yes, Menz seems to be at the top of the list, but if price is an issue, check out Optimum. If you like the polishes, they can be purchased in gallon sizes which saves you even more money.

Another thought: If you pick up OP and/or OC, you might as well pick up Poli-Seal. I love that stuff!

Waxmax
01-03-2008, 10:16 AM
I also have used Optimum Polish with my Flex....works great.

m4gician
01-03-2008, 10:34 AM
anyone brave enough to do a direct optimum vs. menzerna comparison?

Excessive Detail
01-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Just ordered my flex and some SIP and P106 polish, I plan on sticking with that and the optimum line for my polish line. I

Excessive Detail
01-03-2008, 12:18 PM
anyone brave enough to do a direct optimum vs. menzerna comparison?

In my opinion:

Menzerna: best possible results, used on ceramic or non ceramic clearcotes, will dust, not sun friendly, fair working period, expensive for 32 oz, but again the best results possible. I plan on using this on my newer or higher end cars.

Optimum: great results, use non ceramic clearcotes, little to no dust, sun friendly, very long working period, not very expensive for 32 oz. I plan on use this on my older and regular basis details.

Hope it helps.

richy
01-03-2008, 12:20 PM
M4gician..I don't know if you've ever tried Presta compounds and polishes. They're available in body shops in the US (not locally in Windsor anyway, don't know about T.O.). I think they rock and keep bugging AG to carry them..they're very good and not a lot of $$. You'll see I've used them on most of my S&S posts along with Menz. If you want a sample, I'll send you some if you send me a bottle. P.M. for address...from one Canuck to another, eh?

ZoranC
01-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Any verdict on OTHER brands of polishes that work?
I fell in love at first sight with Meguiar's M105 when I saw results of it being used with my Flex.