PDA

View Full Version : glass restorer isnt restoring my glass?what am i doing wrong?

Kelso
07-05-2006, 06:19 PM
first id like to thank floridanative once again because she kindly sent me a sample of DP glass restorer. i was eager to use it and through some on my orange pad and used speeds between 3 and 6 and nothing was happening so i thought ill do it by hand.
using a cobra gold mf towel and a small amount in a small area i tried slow fast hard and soft and nothing is removing my waterspots at all. i know she had great results so my question is what in the heck am i doing wrong. im gona try some clay again but that never worked on my waterspots either. whats the verdict, what do you guys suggest i try with the glass restorer?

ScottB
07-05-2006, 06:39 PM
speed up the buffer a bit and stay in one area a little longer.

Kelso
07-05-2006, 07:00 PM
orange pad on speed 6 for appx how many minutes? ill try it tomorrow

Surfer
07-05-2006, 07:04 PM
I've said it before, stubborn waterspots/etching in glass = Klasse AIO and #0000 steel wool pad. Short of replacing it, that's really your only option. I had the same problem and DP Glass Restorer only worked on spots that were newer, which pretty much any qd'er will do. I did my glass with klasse AIO and wool pad (took quite awhile on an suv) and then followed up with DP Glass Restorer which helped with any type of slight micro marring I got.

4" orange pad on speed 6 worked decently with AIO nothing great, still didn't really make a difference with DP on speed 6.

Kelso
07-05-2006, 07:08 PM
ok well i odnt think im even ognna try then...theres no way thats stuffs coming off lol

Surfer
07-05-2006, 07:12 PM
ok well i odnt think im even ognna try then...theres no way thats stuffs coming off lolTell you what, AIO and #0000 steel wool pad worked excellent even on spots/eteching that had been there for a couple years. I tried plenty of products to no avail. Try and rub moderatley and you should see some nice results. Just don't do your sideview mirrors b/c of the reflective coating.

Kelso
07-05-2006, 07:57 PM
oh i meant with the DP. or i might try some glass restorer with a steel wool pad?

NissanOwner
07-06-2006, 03:29 AM
I usually apply DP with a foam applicator by hand then wipe off with MF and follow with DP KV.

For etched on spots I use MX7 Glass Restorer first.

Kelso
07-06-2006, 11:58 PM
what is mx7? is it pretty strong stuff?

NissanOwner
07-07-2006, 05:25 AM
what is mx7? is it pretty strong stuff?

Its pretty stong stuff, made specifically for glass only, so I usually have to tape my windshield molding when I use it. I use it maybe 3 times a year, just to keep the glass nice and clear.