PDA

View Full Version : Rookie to Detailing

325i05
01-01-2008, 09:33 AM
Since I am green to detailing using a PC I have been reading alot of info on the forums and there are so many different products and opinions on what to use and how to use them it's mind boggling. I have always kept my cars in excellent mechanical amd cosmetic condition but now I went to the next level. My car is garage kept and doesn't see the harsh elements that much due to using my company car. Since the paint is in excellent condition I went with Megs products, #7 Glaze, #21 sealant, and #26 wax. I am hoping to get and keep the full brilliance of the dark blue finish.

jader2012
01-01-2008, 10:36 AM
isant a sealant a wax or what is the diffrence

shuskan3
01-01-2008, 02:38 PM
isant a sealant a wax or what is the diffrence

Paint Sealant - Sealants are created in labs to replicate what waxes do by extracting any properties that don’t add to increased shine, protection, ease of use, etc. Sealants typically provide the longest lasting form of protection which lasts 3 – 6 months depending on conditions. Sealants generally apply extremely thin, wipe on and off very easy and add a fantastic shine to any color paint.

Wax - Waxes are a strong form of protection but do not last as long as sealants (approximately 2 – 8 weeks). Waxes provide a very deep reflection with lots of gloss for maximum shine. Waxes are commonly layered over sealants for the ideal combination of protection and shine.

supercharged
01-02-2008, 04:47 AM
Since I am green to detailing using a PC I have been reading alot of info on the forums and there are so many different products and opinions on what to use and how to use them it's mind boggling. I have always kept my cars in excellent mechanical amd cosmetic condition but now I went to the next level. My car is garage kept and doesn't see the harsh elements that much due to using my company car. Since the paint is in excellent condition I went with Megs products, #7 Glaze, #21 sealant, and #26 wax. I am hoping to get and keep the full brilliance of the dark blue finish.
Meguiar's seems to have this mithology of using oil glaze, and then topping it of with a sealant. Most sealants won't bond to a glaze (oil), and even it they will - you are ruining it's durablity. Although NXT wax seems to have some kind of cleaners, I wound't use it over #7, even if it is NXT 2.0. Just skip #7, apply a coat or two of NXT, and top it off with #26 if you are a big Meguiar's fan. Your result will be far more superior, and durability will be longer.

sparkie
01-02-2008, 05:46 AM
Meguiar's seems to have this mithology of using oil glaze, and then topping it of with a sealant. Most sealants won't bond to a glaze (oil), and even it they will - you are ruining it's durablity. Although NXT wax seems to have some kind of cleaners, I wound't use it over #7, even if it is NXT 2.0. Just skip #7, apply a coat or two of NXT, and top it off with #26 if you are a big Meguiar's fan. Your result will be far more superior, and durability will be longer.
:iagree::whs::D