PDA

View Full Version : Working with ONLY a PC or UDM? How long?

Pages : [1] 2

m4gician
12-31-2007, 07:20 PM
Hey guys,

I keep looking at the show and shines and from what I've seen, a lot of you only use a DA (pc7424 or UDM) as your tool to polish. Answer me honestly, doesn't that take a LONG time and it's very physically draining?

The Skillmaster
12-31-2007, 08:54 PM
It is very time consuming to polish with one of the DAs you mentioned. However I can not even imagine how long it would take to polish by hand and do a good job. So to answer your question, yes, it is very physically draining but it at least makes polishing a bearable step in the detailing process.

mixxer
01-01-2008, 02:20 AM
It takes along time with a pc ,i polished for 3 hours on sat.that was just 1 pass!

lethalxls1
01-01-2008, 02:34 AM
Mixxer what do you mean by one pass? one type of polish? then you use a finish polish?

I like the PC7424 because its much more user friendly. If you detail for a living then I am sure there are better options.

tommy
01-01-2008, 07:57 AM
It is very time consuming to polish with one of the DAs you mentioned. However I can not even imagine how long it would take to polish by hand and do a good job. So to answer your question, yes, it is very physically draining but it at least makes polishing a bearable step in the detailing process.

:iagree: i normally took at least 6hrs for full polishing with the UDM (cutting, polishing, glossing, and wax) , the result was great but time very consuming anyway.

I also question if Flex 3401 can do the better job, perfect result and spend a liltle time if compare with PC & UDM?

m4gician
01-01-2008, 09:12 PM
it's been compared, the flex is almost 2x faster just because it CORRECTS faster, i'd use a UDM or PC to apply wax or sealant because its lighter and it can spread faster.

D
01-02-2008, 02:11 AM
It takes an EXTREMELY long time when you do it right. Thank god for the rotary.

supercharged
01-02-2008, 04:29 AM
Hey guys,

I keep looking at the show and shines and from what I've seen, a lot of you only use a DA (pc7424 or UDM) as your tool to polish. Answer me honestly, doesn't that take a LONG time and it's very physically draining?
ever wonder why a demand for the new Flex polisher is so high??? It's UDM on steroids!!! Almost as powerfuls as rotary (well, pretty close)...

Bert31
01-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Mixxer what do you mean by one pass? one type of polish? then you use a finish polish?

I like the PC7424 because its much more user friendly. If you detail for a living then I am sure there are better options.

If you detail for a living, you almost have to use a rotary.

Showroom Shine
01-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Correct!
The reason the Flex is so popular is the time factor. It allows you to cut the time it would normally take with the PC in half or less. This machine still requires care and safety, it can do some damage too. It's pretty strong and can handle you barring down on it, and not get sluggish. But I Love mine!:buffing::wave: I still have my rotory too!

m4gician
01-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Correct!
The reason the Flex is so popular is the time factor. It allows you to cut the time it would normally take with the PC in half or less. This machine still requires care and safety, it can do some damage too. It's pretty strong and can handle you barring down on it, and not get sluggish. But I Love mine!:buffing::wave: I still have my rotory too!

i have a flex on order, when detailing season gets heavy again. I actually want to save time, because doing cars with a PC, although you guys make it look good on a show and shine, I swear I want to kill myself after doing a car. It'll take several hours for ONE pass.

blkexcoupe
01-02-2008, 01:17 PM
I can't stand the vibration and the amount of time it takes to detail with my UDM. I'll be buying a rotary when I can afford it. :D

D
01-02-2008, 01:26 PM
i have a flex on order, when detailing season gets heavy again. I actually want to save time, because doing cars with a PC, although you guys make it look good on a show and shine, I swear I want to kill myself after doing a car. It'll take several hours for ONE pass.

People use little tricks and take short cuts to get it done faster. It sounds like you ARENT doing this, so more props to you. :cheers:

m4gician
01-02-2008, 04:43 PM
People use little tricks and take short cuts to get it done faster. It sounds like you ARENT doing this, so more props to you. :cheers:

Hah, thanks for the compliment! Because I see show & shines, click & brags, etc. And everyone shows very nice angles saying "Oh well I did this using UDM menz 83 and 106ff" took 4 hours.

Im like...###?! It took me a good 2.5 hours on a medium sized car just because correction takes a while. My ipod goes through 1 song and a half just on a 2x2 or 3x3 panel? Thank you anyways, I am REALLY excited about the flex.

AL417
01-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Hah, thanks for the compliment! Because I see show & shines, click & brags, etc. And everyone shows very nice angles saying "Oh well I did this using UDM menz 83 and 106ff" took 4 hours.

Im like...###?! It took me a good 2.5 hours on a medium sized car just because correction takes a while. My ipod goes through 1 song and a half just on a 2x2 or 3x3 panel? Thank you anyways, I am REALLY excited about the flex.

Don't feel bad about taking longer than 4 hours to complete a detail. Not everyone gets it done in 4 hours. I take longer too and I agree with your ### thought. :)