PDA

View Full Version : Safe Way To Remove Vinyl Scuffs?

BMSPEED
12-31-2007, 06:53 PM
HEY GUYS JUST LOOKING FOR A SAFE WAY TO REMOVE SOME SCUFF MARKS OF A FACTORY VINYL HOOD DECAL WITHOUT CAUSING MORE DAMAGE OR SWIRLS? LOOKS LIKE THE DELAERSHIP USED A DIRTY BROOM TO CLEAN THE SNOW OFF THE CAR. DAMN DEALERSHIPS HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE CARS THEY SELL.:mad: THANKS

Z06-Goose
12-31-2007, 07:23 PM
Do you still have vinyl residue still on, or just the trail marks where it used to be?
Those can be buffed out. If you still have some adhesive residue, something like Goo-gone followed up with a good polish should do the trick...

BMSPEED
12-31-2007, 09:09 PM
I Still Have The Decal In Place And Would Like To Keep It There, I'm Trying To Remove The Scuff Marks In The Decal, Sorry For The Messed Up Question. The Decal Looks Scuffed And Swirled From The Dealership, No Deep Scratches Just Heavy Scuffs, No Luck Removing It By Hand With A Mild Polish. I Was Going To Try The Udm Next But Not Sure What Product And Pad To Use? Thanks For The Help!

Wolf-Strong
12-31-2007, 09:46 PM
Well first off it isn't a good idea to use a polish to remove scuff marks in the first place. Your best bet is, like Z06-Goose mentioned, is a solvent, such as Goo-Gone or a dedicated Auto Body Solvent (also known as a bug/tar remover). Then also used with clay afterwards, it should take it all off without a problem. You then use the polish to get out the marring and swirls that will be apparent from the scuff marks.