PDA

View Full Version : Glaze Freaks, I need your help

scooterguitar
07-05-2006, 03:16 PM
As I am becomign more and more into glazes, I have acquired some samples and have no clue what does what! So if you can, tell me what each one's attributes are please. Cleaners? Fillers? shine? etc?

3M Fill N Glaze (?) pink
Megs #5
Megs #7

abrcrombe
07-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Meg's #7 - Fillers no cleaners. Shine.... uhh.. makes it darker I don't know about shine.

ScottB
07-05-2006, 06:09 PM
another term that is used very loosely. You must study the directions of each product as glazes can be:
1. Fillers Only --- meant to amp up the finish prior to protection commonly from a 'nuba

2. Carnuaba Wax --- sometimes the term actually refers to a product meant to protect the finish.

3. Polish / Fillers ---- have also seen some glazes that are actually light paint polishes with fillers to be used prior to protection.

BILL
07-05-2006, 06:11 PM
MEGS #7 is a filler only :confused:

ScottB
07-05-2006, 06:42 PM
MEGS #7 is a filler only :confused:

to my knowledge, yes. No cleaners, no abrasive quality, and no protection.

joe.p
07-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Heres what Meguiars says about #7[QUOTE]Meguiars[/QUShow Car Glaze

Legendary on the show car circuit. For those of you who love a hand-rubbed finish, this superb glaze is guaranteed to give you that deep, wet shine prized among car collectors. This polish will outshine all other hand-applied polishes, glazes, waxes or sealants. It won't dry white, and it's safe and effective on all paint finishes. Used as part of your 5-Step Surface Care Cycle, Show Car Glaze is just one of many Secrets of the Pros that add up to a superlative appearance for your treasured automobile. For use by hand, orbital buffer or dual action polisher. Made for professionals.

OTE]Speed Glaze

Enriches gloss and color with machine or hand application. No matter how you choose to apply it, Meguiar’s Speed Glaze is a shortcut that cleans, polishes and protects in one simple step. You will quickly remove light scratches, stains and environmental contaminants. Speed Glaze is safe and effective on any kind of paint finish, including clear coats. It ensures that a deep, beautiful shine is just minutes away. Made for professionals.

If your looking for a claener w/protection #80 might be the way to go..

Jonboy
07-06-2006, 02:27 PM
I've used Megs #7 before and it offers no protection and the shine disapears after a few hours, like in the discription it's good for shows.

joe.p
07-06-2006, 03:32 PM
You should apply a LSP to any glaze to prolong its apperance.

BILL
07-06-2006, 04:08 PM
[quote=joe.p]You should apply a LSP to any glaze to prolong its apperance.

:cheers: :)