PDA

View Full Version : Top Of The Line Wiper Blades!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

trhland
12-31-2007, 01:52 PM
so today i went out and bought new wiperblades. i useally like to replace them every 4 months. i alway buy the anco brand im happy with those , but pepboys doesnt carry them . they only carry trico/ bosch/and some other name. so i had a gift card so i had to one of these. so i went with bosch. there the best they carry . and better be 2 blades 40 bucks!!!! im wondering are these really worth the price? i mean they seem to work ok but i hope they last a long time for the price they were.

bfowkes
12-31-2007, 02:03 PM
I have a set of what I think you are probably talking about, Bosch ION. I have had them on the truck for close to a year and they are still working great. They are kind of expensive but they do work really well.

Jimmie
12-31-2007, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the info. I've got to get some too. $40 wow. It used to be that you could just replace the rubber in them but that seems to be getting more rare to find.

Detail_Guy
12-31-2007, 02:14 PM
I have Bosch Excel's on one vehicle, and the ION's on another. Both work well, but I really like the ION's.

trhland
12-31-2007, 02:14 PM
I have a set of what I think you are probably talking about, Bosch ION. I have had them on the truck for close to a year and they are still working great. They are kind of expensive but they do work really well.
thanks wow if they last that long then ill keep useing them .

Z06-Goose
12-31-2007, 02:39 PM
At that price range, you're looking at some good wiper blades, and they better be like you've said
I bought a set of PIAA from Autoanything.com (http://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/20A50764A1.aspx) at $22.95ea free shipping for my Vette, and couldn't be happier. They don't skip, they're quiet, and they clean in one pass without leaving any streaks. I've got the Super Silicone ones. The Super Graphite ($ 19.95) are the ones I'll be buying for my truck next :) Free shipping always, plus they gave me 10% on my next purchase :cheers:

D
12-31-2007, 02:41 PM
Ive had the same pair (stock) for 5 years. Still working perfectly. :D

Brace1
12-31-2007, 04:26 PM
Actually, they're Bosch Icons. I bought a pair a couple of months ago (based on all the rave reviews) when Autozone had a "buy one get one" after mail in rebate, but they're still sitting in my garage. If I had to pay full price ($44 for the pair), I don't think I'd get 'em.

Hopefully they're worth it, just trying to milk all the life outta my existing blades.

2001MineralGrayStang
12-31-2007, 05:31 PM
I love the ICON blades from Bosch. They're worth every penny. I've had them on my Mustang GT for over a year through all seasons and they still work perfect. GREAT wipers. Best part is they never lift off the windshield, even going 80mph on the interstate.

LeoC2
12-31-2007, 06:27 PM
Forget all those fancy expensive blades. I've had the same set of blades on my daily driver for five years and my other car for two. They work like the day I installed them. They are US made and sold at Walmart and some other stores. I don't remember the name but they are the triple edge silicone blades. They come with a lifetime guarantee. You can't go wrong with these blades.

trhland
12-31-2007, 06:43 PM
Forget all those fancy expensive blades. I've had the same set of blades on my daily driver for five years and my other car for two. They work like the day I installed them. They are US made and sold at Walmart and some other stores. I don't remember the name but they are the triple edge silicone blades. They come with a lifetime guarantee. You can't go wrong with these blades.
i dont know about you but the wiper blades that come with my truck always suck and there too small . the first thing i do is buy a new set and i always go bigger 24 inch! this way it gets the whole windsheild

Z06-Goose
12-31-2007, 07:27 PM
It's a matter of personal preference. Wiperblades are one of those car-related pet-peeves for me. Nothing turns me off more than having inadequate wiperblades...and when I discovered the huge difference in performance from a $7.99 WP to a $20.00 ones, I'm never going back :D

supercharged
01-01-2008, 08:34 AM
every 4 month??? I reaplace mine once a year, and get a pair for under $20.
Last ones I bought were Rain X for my Infiniti. For Acura I get wiper blade refills($15 for 2), otherwise replacing the whole arm assembly costs $150 each side and is only available at the dealer...

ScottB
01-01-2008, 08:46 AM
Ive found the PIAA version (AG use to sell) were about the best at a year per blade in livelyhood. Seems the hot Florida sun degrades them quickly. I usually find GM's offerings to be quite good also. I need some now, might try another for the SUV ...

KG21
01-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Valero available through TireRack is another good wiper I've found. Same price/design as Bosch Icon, but these were out before the Icons. I've had both brands for over a year now with no degradation.

Hope this helps!!