PDA

View Full Version : Spray Souveran vs. Aqua Wax

Pages : [1] 2

makdaddy626
12-30-2007, 01:33 PM
I've been using spray souveran lately (to top paste souveran) on my black metalic truck and I love it. I know a lot of people are very fond of AW and was wondering if anyone had tried both and what their opinion was regarding how the two comparted. Obviously, AW is cheaper, but ignoring price or "value" which is the "best" - I'm only using this on my personal ride so cost isn't as much of an issue.

distrbd
12-30-2007, 02:01 PM
AW is a spray sealant ,I love it since I could use it on top of carnauba wax or polymer sealant or acrylic sealant it doesn't matter ,it is so versatile.
I can't comment on souveran spray wax b/c I have not used it yet.
It is a good question though.

trhland
12-30-2007, 02:18 PM
souveran spray wax is just awesome. i used it once and ordered a 64 ounce container right away . the best spray wax out there. leaves a nice carnuba shine. the same as if i spent an hour waxing.just a great product. i highly recommend this !!!!!

THENIZZZEIL
12-30-2007, 02:44 PM
i've heard good things about AW.

So would one be able to do a sealant + souveran paste + AW? or is that just overkill?

makdaddy626
12-30-2007, 03:32 PM
souveran spray wax is just awesome. i used it once and ordered a 64 ounce container right away . the best spray wax out there. leaves a nice carnuba shine. the same as if i spent an hour waxing.just a great product. i highly recommend this !!!!!

I agree, the stuff is awesome. My gallon should be here on Wednesday. I guess my question is a little late since I've already stocked up on SSW but I'd still wonder how AW compares.

Mike T
12-30-2007, 03:40 PM
I have used both, and have applied them side-by-side for comparison. SS leaves a deep, rich, finish, but it seems to attract environment.
AW leaves a nice shiny, glossy, look. Also sheets off moister very well and beads quiet nicely.
Here is one comparison I did on my car: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/8654-souveran-vs-aw-comparision.html

makdaddy626
12-30-2007, 04:04 PM
Thanks for that link! Sure helps out a lot, guess I'll pick up a bottle of AW with my next order and see how I like it.

Surfer
12-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Can't go wrong with either, but I prefer AW especially for versatility.

ScottB
12-30-2007, 05:17 PM
I prefer Souveran for its dripping good looks, and find Aquawax to last a wee-bit longer. FinishKare 425, Z8, and Quikshine are my favorite spray sealants.

lethalxls1
12-30-2007, 05:52 PM
In MikeT's comparison the AW side appears much darker black and looks better to me. I am gonna try some.

Mike T
12-30-2007, 09:47 PM
I prefer Souveran for its dripping good looks, and find Aquawax to last a wee-bit longer. FinishKare 425, Z8, and Quikshine are my favorite spray sealants.

425 is a spray sealant? I always thought it was a QD.

supercharged
12-31-2007, 05:20 AM
Both are a different in formulation, and recommend different applications. With AW you can spray it on wet paint after washing/before drying, with spray Souveran, paint needs to be dry, otherwinse it might streak due to high carnauba content.

dengood1
12-31-2007, 09:11 AM
425 is a spray sealant? I always thought it was a QD.

It's a QD+. It has a sealant that looks good but doesn't last long, so it's more of a QD to me, which is what I use it for after a wash.

Dieseldan
12-31-2007, 10:15 PM
AW is one of the best spray LSPs out there easy on easy off excellent beading and durability. i use it alot and have never been dissapointed it gives a very clear bright finish.

cls
12-31-2007, 10:37 PM
Can you also use AW over nubas?will there be bonding issues or something?TIA