PDA

View Full Version : Rubbing compound & heavy durty polish selection

tommy
12-30-2007, 01:25 AM
I'm going to order the polishing for manage such heavy swilr mark, oxidation, etc..

i'm now looking at the following items;

Menzerna Power Gloss Compound S34A
3M Perfect-It ll Rubbing Compound Fine Cut
Poorboy's World SSR 3 Heavy Duty Compound
Optimum Hyper Compound
Meguiars Mirror Glaze #85 Diamond Cut Compoundthis items will be use with UDM, Flex xc3401 (plan to order soon) , CCS pads, Edge pad, and Meguire pad.

I will select only one items first, but dont know which one give the good result with the equipment that i've. (price vs performance)

i need you guys to recommend & suggestion Feed back please thanks

klumzypinoy
12-30-2007, 02:18 AM
I've read the Menzerna Power Gloss is some powerful stuff. Not sure about the rest. No experience with any of those though.

Wolf-Strong
12-30-2007, 02:35 AM
Just to clear things up, the only time you will need such a compound is after doing something like wetsanding with 1200 grit sand paper or you happened to encounter a rock hard clear coat from a Chevy Corvette, old Ford Pickup, or the new Mercedes Benz scratch-resistant clear.

With that said, I am 95% sure that the UDM doesn't have enough power to use Meguiar's M85, and remember that M85 is more or less a Wool-pad only compound. I believe that the 3M product is also in the same catagory if I am not mistaken. The other's I can not speak for.

TOGWT
12-30-2007, 08:09 AM
Power Gloss (POS 34A) PG will remove 1000 grit, cut 5.0 - gloss 1.5, 1500 – 1800 RPM - LC Purple Foamed Wool, Yellow (A hard / dense foam composition (40 PPI) abrasive cutting action) or Orange (mid range, high density foam (60 PPI) medium abrasive cutting action) CCS foam pads

tommy
12-30-2007, 12:31 PM
Just to clear things up, the only time you will need such a compound is after doing something like wetsanding with 1200 grit sand paper or you happened to encounter a rock hard clear coat from a Chevy Corvette, old Ford Pickup, or the new Mercedes Benz scratch-resistant clear.

With that said, I am 95% sure that the UDM doesn't have enough power to use Meguiar's M85, and remember that M85 is more or less a Wool-pad only compound. I believe that the 3M product is also in the same catagory if I am not mistaken. The other's I can not speak for.

thanks for clearly about compound so if the paint has a heavy swirl mark which polish best to use let's say IP,SIP, or SSR2.5 ? use with ccs orange pad? and then polish them 2 or 3 passes until the swirl mark gone?

sorry i may ask stupid question but i wont buy the thing that the same product line that i had. :D

Wolf-Strong
12-30-2007, 01:30 PM
thanks for clearly about compound so if the paint has a heavy swirl mark which polish best to use let's say IP,SIP, or SSR2.5 ? use with ccs orange pad? and then polish them 2 or 3 passes until the swirl mark gone?

sorry i may ask stupid question but i wont buy the thing that the same product line that i had. :D

If they are heavy swirls that let's say a IP/SIP can not take out with a cutting pad, then you may want to try a wool pad. If that still is not enough, then you would try something like Powergloss or M85 with a wool pad. You may be working on a hard clear coat, but the only way to find out is just to keep working on it.

ss-truck
12-30-2007, 01:55 PM
I have used that 3M product before with a rotary and wool pad with fair results . But after using it you will need to come back with a finer polish to finish up .

Junebug
01-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Best compound available now is 3M 3000 Extra Cut via a wool pad on a rotary - then get the SIP or IP out and finish up with 3M UltrafinaSE with the 3M blue pad. And I'd get a Makita or Dewalt instead of a Flex, they're less money, and can do more correction. This is my opinion, of course, not looking to get into a whizzing match with anyone.

tommy
01-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Thanks for everyone to share & suggestions, I decided buy a einszett 1z intensive paste, the price is cheapper than the other, this compound may not use often hopefully it work well.