PDA

View Full Version : are the foamers that good

Pages : [1] 2

ferrari detailer
12-29-2007, 09:18 PM
i was wondering how the foamers work. i am going to buy on on momday, i live in miami and you have to reclaim your water through a filter system that works rellly well. my freind has a really cool car wash that he has just opened in miami and he is a little green around the colar, so i am going to help him with some training and products, i have 22 years in the business i have never seen these foamers. they look cool let me know what you guys out there who have use them. thanks scott j miami auto salon

*MustangGT/25YRS*
12-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Hello Scott/
I'm not a Detailer...but I do have one of these.I like it very much.
The one I have is made by *Gilmour Products* who make garden hose nozzles/hose repair kits/etc. It has the garden~type gun w/the quick release on the nose that hooks up to the soap canister.I use Blue Coral car soap.
The foamer helps me save on the cost of the soap.IMOHO...the Blue Corral doesn't seem to get as sudsy when poured in to bucket of water.
But It foams great through the Foamer/:D.
I first saw one through a friend who does Tint & Detailing.
I truly think that you and your friend will be *Most Happy* w/it's performance & quality and savings on the Car Wash Soap.Mine has an Orange Pistol Grip nozzle.The canister is heavy duty,and there is a soap
adjust rod that can adjust how much foam you want to apply.
Sorry for the Long Winded post..:o.Wish your friend all the *Best w/His Business*.Take Care.Oh...*Happy New *2008* to you and yours*:cheers:
Kind Regards/
Raymond

ScottB
12-30-2007, 09:44 AM
If you are talking about the foam gun, its nice for the novice but not sure it would be needed in a professional car wash setting. It allows the option of a presoak which removes some contaminents that can scratch or harm paint.

Reddwarf
12-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Like Killr said, do you mean the foam gun (http://www.autogeek.net/auhagafogun.html) or the attachment to a pressure washer?

m4gician
12-30-2007, 10:11 PM
basically,

the foam GUN that connects to a hose is the same as a pressure washer low pressure detergent or soap applicator.

A pressure wand for a pressure washer is a WHOLE lot better, because it's just foam out of the gun not a water with soap foam.

lethalxls1
12-31-2007, 03:36 AM
I have a foammaster(bought it from autogeek) and its awsome. IMO you can never get the amount of suds/foam on a car from a bucket like you can with the gun.

LazerRed1
12-31-2007, 12:46 PM
I can't seem to get a lot of foam without using the soap at such a high concentration as to strip the lsp off. Maybe I just don't know how to use the gun.

lethalxls1
12-31-2007, 03:16 PM
I can't seem to get a lot of foam without using the soap at such a high concentration as to strip the lsp off. Maybe I just don't know how to use the gun.

What car wash are you using? DP works well-http://www.autogeek.net/dp300.html

Also-fill the cannister on the foam gun up with water before puting 2 ounces of soap in.:cheers:

LazerRed1
12-31-2007, 03:21 PM
I've used Chem Guys Citrus and Zaino.

lethalxls1
12-31-2007, 03:25 PM
I tried Zaino in mine and it wouldnt foam at all! I used half a bottle!!! hahahah It just doesnt work well in the gun. DP and Pinnacle from my experience work awsome but Pinnacle is bit expensive IMO.

m4gician
12-31-2007, 07:22 PM
I tried Zaino in mine and it wouldnt foam at all! I used half a bottle!!! hahahah It just doesnt work well in the gun. DP and Pinnacle from my experience work awsome but Pinnacle is bit expensive IMO.

Less is more man, with DP max foam 2 ounces is almost way too much because you dilute with water. More water at point of contact = more foam.

*MustangGT/25YRS*
01-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Like Killr said, do you mean the foam gun (http://www.autogeek.net/auhagafogun.html) or the attachment to a pressure washer?
*************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^***************
Hello/
Don't know if that was asked about my reply.If so...it's the Foam Gun that
attaches to a garden hose.It was around $60.00.I just bought it for my wife's car & mine.
If this wasn't addressed to my question...I apologize.
Best Regards/
Raymond

Smith2287
01-01-2008, 10:34 PM
What car wash are you using? DP works well-http://www.autogeek.net/dp300.html

Also-fill the cannister on the foam gun up with water before puting 2 ounces of soap in.:cheers:

How much water do you put in the canister to mix with 2 oz of soap?

LazerRed1
01-02-2008, 09:14 AM
I think you fill it.

lethalxls1
01-02-2008, 05:09 PM
^ Yep