PDA

View Full Version : 2 pics of the house in GA my parents are in the process of purchasing

Pages : [1] 2 3

wytstang
07-05-2006, 11:44 AM
My parents took me to see the home they are in the process of purchasing. It's actually all most 12 acers (11.7somthing) under 200g's, no way could I get the whole thing just the house. I loved it it has 6 acres cleared and 6 acres filled with pine trees and other native plants and wildlife (deer and wild turkey are said to wonder on the back property) also it comes with 4 grape trees/vines and 6 to 8 pecan trees and a pond (needs to be cleaned). As you can see in the pictures the house was built many moons ago, they will remodel as they go when finances allow.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/wytstang/DSC00946.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/wytstang/DSC00949.jpg

wytstang
07-05-2006, 11:50 AM
Best of all they offered my an acre free to either put a nice trailer home and save for a home instead of paying for rent and trying to save money for a home. It's up to my wife after she gets out of the Airforce if she wants to live far from human contact lol.

abrcrombe
07-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Whoa! Congrats to them and congrats to you if you take that acre. Put a trailer on there and build a dream garage!! :p 12 acres sounds nice.... We live in like 1/8 of an acre... :D

wytstang
07-05-2006, 12:00 PM
I was surprised at how many homes there are actually trailer homes. They look like homes in the front, my dream home is made of red brick with a chimny(sp?) and a nice size screened in porch.

Surfer
07-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Bahh, thanks for calling me, I'd have done the loan, hehe. J/K , not licensed out of state. One of my realtors is building a second home up there in GA. About 5K sqft and it's a fraction of what it would cost down in South FL, Cali etc. I have family in Atlanta, Marietta, Peachtree City.

Reddwarf
07-05-2006, 12:25 PM
That is so awesome that they will have land and that you can have an acre! It would be great to have that much land. Instead of a mobile (which can be very nice) how about a Yurt (http://www.yurts.com/)? Then as abrcrombe says, build youself a nice big garage and workshop! Maybe all of us Autogeeks can come out for an old fashion barn raising!

dennish
07-05-2006, 12:34 PM
I would love to build a garage with a small attached house!!:D

wytstang
07-05-2006, 12:51 PM
Hey those Yurts look prett darn cool but they are still in a place were hurricans can reach them with pretty good winds. Not sure how comfortable I would be in one of those if a strong storm would head that way. Trailer homes isn't all that great either for storms but would help ease my mind a bit. The house is in Echols county near Valdosta, Ga which is near Jennings,Fl.

abrcrombe
07-05-2006, 01:06 PM
I would love to build a garage with a small attached house!!:D

:iagree:

Those Yurts do look pretty cool, but it depends on how long you plan on staying there. I wouldn't want to live in one for like 5 years.

ScottB
07-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Bahh, thanks for calling me, I'd have done the loan, hehe.

Could have called me however, lets just say my partners are licensed in all 50 states. :righton:

Surfer
07-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Could have called me however, lets just say my partners are licensed in all 50 states. :righton:Bastige lol. Enough purchase business here anyway, doing stuff outta state = pain in the arse. We're redoing our correspondent line even though were bankers as well. I can still do stuff out of state legally with one main lender, but I don't care for their practices anymore.

dakevmann
07-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Congrats man lots of room for a trailer or a house with a nice garage either way wish you the best. I'm in the Air Force also and so is my wife got to love AF women.

wytstang
07-05-2006, 10:27 PM
got to love AF women.
I know I do :p especially when BAH is attached to them :D lol j/k I love her even with out it.

FloridaNative
07-06-2006, 06:22 AM
Could have called me however, lets just say my partners are licensed in all 50 states. :righton:

Why does this sound like mafia to me?? LOL And with a call sign like Killr too? HMMMMM Would you have made the sellers and offer that they couldn't refuse Killr?? LOL:p

But seriously, lots of congrats :applause: to your parents Wystang and also to you if you take the acre, but you have to explain one thing to me. What is BAH???

dakevmann
07-06-2006, 07:18 AM
BAH = Base Assisted Housing its money the Air Force gives it's memebers that choose to live off base to pay for rent or a house note if you buy a house basicly its free money my BAH with being married and me being an E-6 living in Montgomery is an extra 1000 a month added onto my check + You get BAS which pays for all of your food thats an extra 250 a month.