PDA

View Full Version : 106, strong enough to use after SIP?

Thejoyofdriving
12-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Usually when dealing with a compound like PG i have always had to do a 3 step polishing. An example would be using PG followed by IP then by Nano, to get the paint perfect with max gloss. Since i havent used PG yet i was wondering could i jump straight to 106?(when using a DA not rotary) my past experiences have showed me that 106 cant remove the marring from OPT C or HC, to me its always been a polish that has little correcting power, and i only use it for the very very last step when the paint is 100% free of swirls and near perfection. Feed back please , so can easily handle whats left over from using PG and get the paint 100% perfect with max gloss? (again with DA)

supercharged
12-27-2007, 10:14 PM
PO106FF will be perfect after SIP. It is a finishing polish, nut if offers more "bite" then PO85RD, or other finishing polishes.

Never used Menzerna polishes with a rotary, never had a rotary.

D
12-28-2007, 01:40 AM
Can you use 106 to get rid of marring from PG via DA? Id imagine so, but it depends on oh well you were able to finish off the PG, and what kind of paint you're working on. So I dont think there is a for sure yes or no answer here. Best thing to do is give it a shot. Use 106 (with the correct pad!), and go over the area. Everything might or might not come out on the first shot. If it doesnt come out after 2 passes, then Id probably go with SIP and green or white pad. Then follow up with 106.

Remember, 106 is a FINISHING polish, it should only be used to correct very minor things and should only be used with a finishing pad. That is, if you're trying to get maximum gloss. I think you already know this though.

ScottB
12-28-2007, 07:09 PM
I too have had 106FF work quite well and finish up beautifully after SIP.

THENIZZZEIL
12-30-2007, 02:52 PM
thats a good question...ive recently used SIP and 106 after with superior results..however im also interested to know if 106 is enough after PG.

IMHO i would try PG + 106 on a door..and then do PG + SIP + 106 on the door nex tto it and see if i get the yeilded results.

post pix if u can...thanks!

m4gician
01-04-2008, 10:56 PM
thats a good question...ive recently used SIP and 106 after with superior results..however im also interested to know if 106 is enough after PG.

IMHO i would try PG + 106 on a door..and then do PG + SIP + 106 on the door nex tto it and see if i get the yeilded results.

post pix if u can...thanks!

I'll preface what I'm going to say by saying I've never used the sip 106ff combo everyone talks about but:

PG is a compound, or at least a heavy abrasive polish right? You've 3 stepped because Menzerna has polishes that CAN work together like a system for maximum gloss.

However, 106ff is a very mild polish, similar to poorboys ssr1. It's like going from SSR3 to SSR1. You're leaving too much of a polishing gap in the middle.

If you haven't USED pg, then use 106ff after IP or SIP as that's like going from PB2 or 2.5 to 1.

If you use PG, then use Finishing polish or ... that one that removes 2500 grit scratches (sorry I don't know the line that well).

TOGWT
01-05-2008, 09:14 AM
SIP is considered a polish as opposed to a finishing polish; try following it with 106FF then 85RE LC CCS Blue or Black foam pad for an amazing finish on any dark coloured paint

See also Menzerna Polishes-
Methodology Part I
Menzerna Polishes - Methodology Part I (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/11443-menzerna-polishes-methodology-part-i.html)

Methodology Part II Menzerna Polishes- Methodology Part II (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/11444-menzerna-polishes-methodology-part-ii.html)