PDA

View Full Version : Traveling with supplies?

tripperfx3
12-27-2007, 01:38 AM
Has anyone done it (on a plane BTW)? Im going back to GA and have some customers that want me to put my new equipment to work and Im actually leaving in 6 hours (darned early flights! lol) and Ive already got my stuff packed up in my suitcase and was just wanting to hear some experiences in doing this if anyone has to possibly make it easier on my return flight. Ive got everything, well the majority of it (UDM, 3 small bottles and a bottle of Collinte 845 along with some MF's) packed in the bag that came with the UDM and the pads and rest of the MF's in my carry on. The bag is also completely surrounded by clothes on all sides, so Im hoping it will be safe.

hispeed
12-27-2007, 07:55 AM
I can see the headlines now...
*Terrorist claiming to be a "Detailer" attempts to board airliner with bomb making supplies.
*Alert TSA employee credited with saving hundreds of lives.
*Ultimate Detonating Machine (UDM), carefully cushioned with clothes and rags, discovered in checked baggage.
*Liquids in small bottles could have produced an explosion equivalent to Hiroshima bomb.
*22 yr old male using the code name "tripperfx3" currently being transported to Guantanamo.
*"Harsh" interrogation techniques not ruled out.
:eek:

cls
12-27-2007, 08:47 AM
I think you have to check it in.Theyre kinda strict when it comes to liquids,oils etc...

cheakster
12-27-2007, 09:13 AM
I can see the headlines now...
*Terrorist claiming to be a "Detailer" attempts to board airliner with bomb making supplies.
*Alert TSA employee credited with saving hundreds of lives.
*Ultimate Detonating Machine (UDM), carefully cushioned with clothes and rags, discovered in checked baggage.
*Liquids in small bottles could have produced an explosion equivalent to Hiroshima bomb.
*22 yr old male using the code name "tripperfx3" currently being transported to Guantanamo.
*"Harsh" interrogation techniques not ruled out.
:eek:

Now that's friggin' Funny!!!:D

justin_murphy
12-27-2007, 09:42 AM
That was very funny!
I think the UDM already has that title by the way!

I would just check with them though. Worse case is that you could mail it and it would get there later.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
12-27-2007, 11:53 AM
You should be ok with power tools - someone on another board gets out of town flight gigs with no probs.. I am guessing you are checking them in?

As long as they are padded enough that they can be tossed around.

Now travelling with clay bars may get interesting... can you say C4???

tripperfx3
12-27-2007, 06:19 PM
lol Those posts made me laugh! The stuff made it here no problem and I did check it. No questions about the clay bar i brough either lol.