PDA

View Full Version : mp3 Program....

justin_murphy
12-26-2007, 02:24 PM
What's the best media player/program to use to put mp3's onto a device/SD card?

makdaddy626
12-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Depends on the device in a lot of cases. IPod's for instance will only work with iTunes, which converts the MP3s to a different format. Personally, I use iTunes for music organization as well as transfer, it's free and it works. Many devices will show up the drive list under My Computer and MP3's can be dragged and dropped or copied and pasted like any other file.

justin_murphy
12-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Depends on the device in a lot of cases. IPod's for instance will only work with iTunes, which converts the MP3s to a different format. Personally, I use iTunes for music organization as well as transfer, it's free and it works. Many devices will show up the drive list under My Computer and MP3's can be dragged and dropped or copied and pasted like any other file.

My problem is that most songs that are on my comp aren't mp3's.

Will iTunes convert them?

Meghan
12-26-2007, 06:23 PM
I think limewire is one, I dont use it but have heard a lot about it.
I use 360 share.

dengood1
12-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Windows Media Player will convert them, organize them, etc. Use the "Sync" button;)

justin_murphy
12-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Ok.........I got them on the device. How big should an mp3 be?
They are averaging about 3-4mb. I want to make sure they are as small as they can be.

Bonifax
12-26-2007, 09:31 PM
itunes reads mp3 but it uses a different format to compress music, I think it uses a little bit less space than an MP3 per song.

dengood1
12-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Ok.........I got them on the device. How big should an mp3 be?
They are averaging about 3-4mb. I want to make sure they are as small as they can be.

most will be between 3 and 5mb. Make sure when you download them that you download the 128 bit rate files, you don't need anything above that in quality. 128 bitrate will be cd quality and a smaller file.

makdaddy626
12-26-2007, 10:34 PM
I think limewire is one, I dont use it but have heard a lot about it.
I use 360 share.

Limewire is a filesharing program (P2P - think Napster) - I don't think it has the functionality to reformat or transfer files to a player.

justin_murphy
12-26-2007, 11:26 PM
I've found Limewire to be full of spyware and viruses. I mainly have used torrents for the last 4 years.

Thanks guys!!! I appreciate all your help on this. I normally just burn a mp3 CD and play it. I've never had a need for a device since I can put folders and songs on single disk.

jaredpointer
12-27-2007, 11:16 AM
You can use a variety of management programs from the web to manage an iPod, not just iTunes. Also, you run the risk of sacrificing sound quality if you want a smaller file, so be aware of that. As mentioned earlier, 128 br is as small as I would go.

And, FWIW, I believe iTunes uses AAC when it converts from wav files, but I could be wrong.

ryandamartini
12-27-2007, 12:46 PM
What's the best media player/program to use to put mp3's onto a device/SD card?

The new realplayer syncs music and converts them to mp3. Itunes syncs with ipods to do mp4a.

That or windows media player [newest version] would be best to use.

justin_murphy
12-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Thanks Ryan!
BTW....it's not an iPod it's a Lyra that my son got.

I think I will find Real Player.......it's pretty good from what I remember.