PDA

View Full Version : XMT and wolfgang sealant

Ridebyshootings
12-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Hello, got some nice stuff in my stocking tonight. What is the correct sequence for doing my black truck. The paint is in very good condition. I plan to clay it down first. Got the complete xmt 123 and glaze kit as well as wolfgang sealant. Do I use the wolfgang last? Then put a finish coat of pinnacle liquid souvern. Ive never done a sealer before. Got a few days off this week and space in the garage too! Ah I can hear my portercable polisher humming now! Merry Christmas! Drew

Reddwarf
12-25-2007, 10:36 AM
Nice products you got there. The sealant would not go on top of the glaze. After polishing you can apply a layer of the Wolfgang Sealant (great stuff) and let it cure for at least 12 hours. If you have time a second layer will improve the effects, but then there is that 12 hour cure time again. After the sealant has cured apply a layer of the liquid souvern, stand back and admire!

tgstang21
12-25-2007, 11:33 AM
if you want to use the glaze, I think it'd be ok to use it over the sealant before applying the ls. Not positive as I'm used to acrylic glazes (which I don't know whether the XMT version is or not) but I think that'd be ok.

JWNPlumber
12-25-2007, 12:55 PM
What part of SC are you in cmarider?

Jimmie
12-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Nice products you got there. The sealant would not go on top of the glaze. After polishing you can apply a layer of the Wolfgang Sealant (great stuff) and let it cure for at least 12 hours. If you have time a second layer will improve the effects, but then there is that 12 hour cure time again. After the sealant has cured apply a layer of the liquid souvern, stand back and admire!

:iagree: mainly because the XMT Glaze has carnauba in it. The general rule of thumb is that a sealant performs best on clean paint. Most smear when put over a carnauba. Now that said there are exceptions and I believe that WG DGPS is one of them. I just don't take the chance that I'm working with one of the exceptions and always lay sealant on clean paint. You're going to love it topped with LS.

Ridebyshootings
12-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Thanks everyone. Hope you all have a great weekend and Happy New Year!