PDA

View Full Version : joining 2 pw

najman
12-23-2007, 11:24 PM
hello everybody
first i want to wish every one a merry Christmas and a happy new year
i was wondering if someone tried to hook up 2 pressure washer together to double the psi and gpm i know it sound crazy but before buying a more powerful one i would like to test it if i need that much power i have 2 1600 psi 1.6 gpm :D
thx
Naji

The Skillmaster
12-24-2007, 12:14 AM
I don't know if that's possible but the PSI and GPM would almost certainly stay the same.

budman3
12-24-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm not sure if you are thinking on using this on a car ... but if you are, it's not a good idea. More power is not always better :), especially with a PW and a car. You could literally spray the paint off of the car, damage moldings, ruin seals/bearings, and get water in places it shouldn't be...

ss-truck
12-24-2007, 07:16 PM
Don't mean to put a damper on the idea but will not work as the last machine in line will limit the output . Good idea though . As mentioned earlier a pressure washer on a car can end in disaster , with paint removal . I have on older cars with bad paint used a pressure washer to help remove old paint prior to painting .

Tex Star Detail
12-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Won't work.

A PW will damage a car if you are not careful. I have been using one DAILY on client's cars. If my pressure washer was taken away, I would quit detailing. Sure beats a waterless wash......
Strictly my opinion though....

najman
12-25-2007, 01:05 PM
thanks guys for the info
i guess i will try to rent one that is more powerful and try my test and no i will not use it on my car but it will be nice to change its color from white to metallic:D:D
thanks again
naji

Tex Star Detail
12-26-2007, 10:24 PM
you really shouldn't need something too powerful. I would say your 1600 PSI is about good enough. Shouldn't need anything more powerful than that.