PDA

View Full Version : What a ride!

kellyinkc
07-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Just watched the shuttle take off. In less than 8 minutes it was at 14,000 MPH.
Love to go for a ride!:)

abrcrombe
07-04-2006, 02:00 PM
LOL, what a great display on the 4th!

Surfer
07-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Psshhh my truck will smoke it:D

justin_murphy
07-04-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm still watching it.
I wanted to be an astronaut (Shuttle Pilot to be exact) for 17 years of my life.

Now.....I detail cars.

The irony....

kellyinkc
07-04-2006, 02:09 PM
Just heard a stat 0-1000 MPH in a minute!

My Taurus can beat that.....:p

justin_murphy
07-04-2006, 02:34 PM
7+ G's is what would be awesome!

Try grabbing a dollar off that dash!

bluzman
07-04-2006, 03:16 PM
I watched it also! It really is amazing!! I work at a chemical plant hee in Louisville that makes rubber for the shuttles solid fuel rocket boosters!!

justin_murphy
07-04-2006, 03:25 PM
I watched it also! It really is amazing!! I work at a chemical plant hee in Louisville that makes rubber for the shuttles solid fuel rocket boosters!!

Glad it wasn't the old O-rings!

abrcrombe
07-04-2006, 04:00 PM
Yeah they are quite amazing. I think it was last Sunday I was at the beach for a bonfire and I could see what looked like a shuttle launch over the water. Turns out it was a rocket that was shot off in Central California. Pretty cool to see it launch over the water, and when those afterburners kicked in, that was coooool!!

justin_murphy
07-04-2006, 04:11 PM
I used to live at Cocoa Beach. My aunt worked for Lockheed and my uncle for the Port Authority. I watched over 15 launches there at the "clock" including the Challenger disaster.
Night lauches were in a whole league of their own!

Neothin
07-04-2006, 06:21 PM
ya, night launches are awesome. I'm 2 hours south of cape canaveral and the you can still see the shuttle/fire clearly. it's awesome :D

seeing it launch at the visitors center in cape canaveral though... that's just the coolest ;)

dengood1
07-04-2006, 10:09 PM
I live 110 miles west of Cape Canaveral and my family and I were going to go watch the second one that got cancelled. Instead, we saw it launch today from my house looking directly down our street, which is due east, and saw the shuttle CLEARLY going up today, even the rocket fire from 110 miles away.....literally from the west coast of Florida to the east.....AMAZING!!!! Especially on the 4th of July. And yes, night launches are incredible. It lights up the sky all the way across the state. When it lands it travels directly over my house which really sucks at 4 am being awakened by what sounds like a shotgun blast(2 sonic booms) outside your window. Scares the hell out of me EVERY time!!! Oh well.....VERY cool to see it launch successfully on the 4th:applause:

dengood1
07-04-2006, 10:14 PM
I used to live at Cocoa Beach. My aunt worked for Lockheed and my uncle for the Port Authority. I watched over 15 launches there at the "clock" including the Challenger disaster.
Night lauches were in a whole league of their own!

Yeah, I remember seeing the Challenger disaster live from my house. Remember it like it was a couple of years ago........I'll never forget it either. I could still see the shape of the smoke and it going in several different directions.......it REALLY freaked me out knowing what had just happened:(

Meghan
07-05-2006, 06:35 AM
Was a great sight on the 4th, we that get to see it are very lucky!