PDA

View Full Version : Will Pinnacle or Wolfgang ever go into the retail market?

Pages : [1] 2

kellyinkc
07-04-2006, 01:28 PM
Just wondering. If they would expand into auto part stores, Wally World , Target etc?

abrcrombe
07-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Doubt it. I can't imagine most people going into target looking to spend 70 bucks on a jar of wax. Then you have theft problems of the enthusiast on a budget. :D Jokes aside, my guess is no, because they are boutique products and they lose their exclusivity aspect if they are available everywhere.

kellyinkc
07-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Just thinking about what Megs has. They have the consumer line then the Mirror Glaze line.
Then the Pro line. Some are available only in auto paint stores or from the company itself.Not sure if I would pay 70 bucks for wax unless I had a very nice car.

justin_murphy
07-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Just thinking about what Megs has. They have the consumer line then the Mirror Glaze line.
Then the Pro line. Some are available only in auto paint stores or from the company itself.Not sure if I would pay 70 bucks for wax unless I had a very nice car.

I tend to agree with you here.
All products have their place in this business. Don't feel inferior if you can't afford 70 bucks for 8oz. of wax for a car you driver everyday. I have used Meg's stuff for over 12 years personally and recently for business purposes. Me and my customers love it. Now I'm not saying I will never buy some high-end wax (I'll just charge more!) but for now and for profit, alot of OTC stuff will do fine.

You have to look at it from a marketing stand point and just how long Meg's has been around and how much they sell. Juse because it's lower in price doesn't make it "cheap" by any means.

It's like a Honda vs. Acura. Both have the same history and most have the same drivetrain. One has more bells and whistles than the other but in the end both are very reliable and both get you to where you're going. The only difference is....one costs more to replace than the other...just like in the world of waxes.

kellyinkc
07-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Thats true. Ford or Lincoln. Chevy or Caddy.
Well going shoping...

NorahCRV
07-04-2006, 03:18 PM
. . . besides, then we'd miss the fun of talking to all the geek guys & gals :grouphug: & the anticipation of waiting for our orders to arrive to see what special goodies might have been included :awesome:

Still, it would be nice not to have to wait a week for things to find their way to Arizona :confused:

abrcrombe
07-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Yes, a week is a long time to wait for this stuff! I get so excited when it is the day to arrive though!! :D I just don't think there is a bug enough demand for this stuff at the retail level for them to ever bring it to market. If there was another level (like Meguiar's consumer line) that is a whole different story. People aren't willing to pay for these boutique products, when turtle wax and gaslonie station car washes give them "great" results.

ScottB
07-04-2006, 04:21 PM
I for one would NOT like to see either product on retail shelves. (if you live in South Florida you can buy it at small retailer Drivers Seat) Why ?? Because in order to make the quantity available for a chain of stores, then PBMA would likely need to sell the product to one of the big guys. (Mothers, Megs, Eagle 1). Just how long would it take before they started their cost cutting approach and in effect lower the quality and design of the original. All in the name of retail sales .....

abrcrombe
07-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Exact same thing happened to the lacoste (alligator) clothing line in the 90's. They used to be a boutique line, then you could buy them at K-mart for 30 bucks!! They got a new GM for US sales or something, and now they are back to Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue and selling for like 72 bucks a shirt.

kellyinkc
07-04-2006, 04:37 PM
I can understand that. The wait time is the hardest.....

abrcrombe
07-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Takes a week for it to get to me. I will order on like Monday and it will get to me the following Monday. So 5 business days. :(

Jonboy
07-04-2006, 05:26 PM
I have to wait at least 2 weeks sometimes 3 imagine the disapointment of coming home from work and still no box of goodies:(

abrcrombe
07-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Ok, now I don't feel SOO bad... Although it would be nice to live in FL. They get theirs next day!

Reddwarf
07-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Maybe Max would let me open a store in Dallas!:D

Neothin
07-04-2006, 09:32 PM
get it before you need it then.

for instance, i think i have like 7 gallons of soap in the garage.