PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice this with thier flex?

Thejoyofdriving
12-21-2007, 06:04 AM
When i was using my flex for the first time i noticed that the BP started to melt and shave off, soon there were black plastic shaving all over the car. I searched around on the forums and couldnt find anyone talking about this problem. If its already been covered i apologize.

ZoranC
12-21-2007, 06:18 AM
Look for thread I started here. Also search for my posts in current MOL archive. Call Power House, look for Dave, tell him I sent you, I have been discussing it with him today. Report back what he said. In the meantime are you pressing it unevenly causing backing plate to rub against housing?

ZoranC
12-21-2007, 06:27 AM
BTW, which bp you were using when that started happening?

Thejoyofdriving
12-21-2007, 06:31 AM
BTW, which bp you were using when that started happening?

The factory one i believe, red velcro and black plastic construction. I think i just recived the new gen one, its black with white foam correct? I havent got to try the new one i received and see if the same thing happens. I dont think i was pressing unevenly, i always try to maintain perfect even pad pressure.

ZoranC
12-21-2007, 01:51 PM
The factory one i believe, red velcro and black plastic construction. I think i just recived the new gen one, its black with white foam correct? I havent got to try the new one i received and see if the same thing happens. I dont think i was pressing unevenly, i always try to maintain perfect even pad pressure.
I have not used red one in a manner that would put an uneven pressure either intentionally or unintentionally and I have not experienced it but red one seems as one that would be easier to bear down and result in this.

My 5" one (one without white foam, one with white foam is 5.5") was used in a manner that should have would beared it down for relatively short amount of time (half an hour approximately) and I have not experienced it then either.

So do call Dave so they are aware and report back. In the meantime go to MOL and find my post as that will explain to you some of possible causes. Stop using red, use 5.5" and use two washers to make it even stiffer.

Keep me posted, I want to get to the bottom line of it.