PDA

View Full Version : Can XMT be used with a Rotary?

KJW Detailing
12-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Hey,

Im just wondering b/c i do that a lot haha...but could the xmt product line be used with a rotary and still yield excellent results? I understand that it was designed for use with the PC and similar machines but other then a shorter workin time i cant see why it couldn't be used with a rotary...

Thanks!

redg35
12-19-2007, 07:24 PM
It will dry out way to fast..............i cant even use it with my flex.But it is great with a pc/udm.

Fly bye
12-19-2007, 07:28 PM
i do that a lot
Not to be a smartass, but if you do it a lot, why are you asking here?

I use XMT with my PC and get great results, but I think I could get even better results, as well as in less time with a rotary. I plan on getting a rotary in the near future.

I don't see why XMT can't be used with a rotory? Apparently you are using XMT with a rotary. Since you are using XMT with a rotary, you should know whether or not that combo will yield excellent results. You should be telling us.

I have heard good things about Menzerna, and will try it someday. Maybe somebody more knowledgeable will chime in on whether the XMT line will yield desirable results with a rotary.

Fly bye
12-19-2007, 07:33 PM
It will dry out way to fast..............i cant even use it with my flex.
In my experience with XMT, it takes a pretty long time for it to dry up. I have used it with a flex. Maybe it depends on how much product is used?

KJW Detailing
12-19-2007, 07:43 PM
i haven't used xmt with a rotary b4 only the pc...thats why i am asking here...

Fly bye
12-19-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm sorry roadrunner, I misunderstood you :D

My bad.

Fly bye
12-19-2007, 07:56 PM
I misunderstood

I do that a lot :D

2001MineralGrayStang
12-20-2007, 10:59 PM
I've tried XMT with a rotary and was less than impressed. It broke down way to fast and didn't have much work time at all. Menzerna is a much better alternative. I do like XMT with a PC or equivalent.

Showroom Shine
12-20-2007, 11:04 PM
I tried XMT with my Flex today,and I was happy with the result on the wife's 97 Pathfinder. My past experience with XMT and a rotory was disappointing. I just kept the products and saved the pads. Now I can use the pads with my Flex and the XMT. :buffing: I'm at it again. Can't wait till spring in Ohio!:wave: