PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Seal on windshields ROCKS!

Pages : [1] 2

BigFloppy
12-19-2007, 08:31 AM
I figured I'd give it a try, read a couple of places about sealing the windshield, well... what can I say... THROW AWAY your Rain-X, this stuff works incredibly well

We drove down to Florida this last weekend and hit some rain on the way, I could have driven without using the wipers all the way down there!

Bugs didn't stick even when they kissed their a$$es goodbye

Still have to see exactly how long it lasts without being reapplied but overall, I'm definitely sold on Opti-Seal

Bigfoot
12-19-2007, 08:56 AM
What I love about the whole Optimum line is that is designed to be used in more than 1 place in the car. I love that line!

Driven Auto Detail
12-19-2007, 09:19 AM
What I love about the whole Optimum line is that is designed to be used in more than 1 place in the car. I love that line!

+2

Driven Auto Detail (http://drivenautodetail.com/products.php)

supercharged
12-19-2007, 10:50 PM
Any sealant will work better then Rain X. I use Klasse AIO, then a coat of DG #105. Works awesome!!!

Dieseldan
12-20-2007, 09:51 AM
i always use os on my wheels and windshield

MoBenzOwner
12-20-2007, 10:11 AM
i always use os on my wheels and windshield
:whs: I just wish it was a bit cheaper.................

ricka
12-20-2007, 11:35 AM
It appears just about anything you'd apply to paint will work on windows (at least the non-tinted sides). I've used DG 501, 105, 521, ONR, clay--you name it. All have worked great so far.

killrflake
12-20-2007, 12:37 PM
I figured I'd give it a try, read a couple of places about sealing the windshield, well... what can I say... THROW AWAY your Rain-X, this stuff works incredibly well

We drove down to Florida this last weekend and hit some rain on the way, I could have driven without using the wipers all the way down there!

Bugs didn't stick even when they kissed their a$ goodbye

Still have to see exactly how long it lasts without being reapplied but overall, I'm definitely sold on Opti-Seal
I was just wondering if the windshield streaks at all when you put your wipers on?

ZoranC
12-20-2007, 02:14 PM
I was just wondering if the windshield streaks at all when you put your wipers on?
... and I wonder how driving at night looks like when sealant starts to wear off.

phil11
12-21-2007, 08:37 AM
I picked up opti seal when it was first released. I used it on all of the windows on the Cobra, and it worked excellent. No streaking over time either.

sparkie
12-22-2007, 08:08 AM
Thanks BigFloppy, I will give it a try.....

BigFloppy
12-22-2007, 09:35 AM

NO STREAKING that I noticed, definitely sold on this one

Dieseldan
12-23-2007, 01:39 AM
:whs: I just wish it was a bit cheaper.................

IMO both no whipe sealants are very cheap by how much u use per application i mean one squirt is all you need per window or panel. I use OS after every wash on windows and wheels and still have 90% of the bottle left and I bought it when it first came out

ricka
12-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Are any of the cleaners like ONR or DG 521 safe to use on the tinted side of windows? They work great on the outside (and inside the windshield) but not sure on tint.

Figured it doesn't hurt to ask...

Thanks much and happy holidays to all.

ZoranC
12-23-2007, 10:39 PM
I just wish it was a bit cheaper...
What do you find is it's "total cost of use per year" (including cost of human labor) compared to other sealants in same category out there?