PDA

View Full Version : Using peoples water?

Bhoppy1216
08-18-2017, 01:26 AM
Does anyone run a business that uses their customers water? Is it awkward to ask for that, or do people just kind of assume that is how it will go? I would figure that the common person would not know that detailers can haul large amounts of water. Speaking of which, if you do provide the water what rig do you use in your trucks, and where and how do you refill?

Eldorado2k
08-18-2017, 01:42 AM
I always use their water. Never felt awkward at all. I even bring my own hose just in case theirs sucks or it isn't long enough. Same reason I pack 100+ ft. of extension cord.
I've never even thought twice about it, and none of my customers have never given even a hint of a negative reaction about it.

Keep in mind that if I was detailing cars all day everyday it might be a different story...

KirkH
08-18-2017, 09:48 AM
I use the customer's water on mobile details if it is accessible. If not, pressure sprayer and rinseless solution.

Coopers ST
08-18-2017, 03:24 PM
I use their water and electricity. I tell them up front I will need access to it. Never been a problem. I do try to use onr though where I can, I bring that in a bucket.

slovette99
08-18-2017, 03:48 PM
I use power and water from the customer. I tell them when I give them a quote that only thing I need is access to a water bib and electrical outlet and they have never had an issue. Only thing i wish i could have access too sometimes is a restroom lol.

Mad Wax
08-18-2017, 04:59 PM
I use the customer's water on mobile details if it is accessible. If not, pressure sprayer and rinseless solution.

This

AutoScrub
08-18-2017, 08:20 PM
I along with a few others in this threat use both water and 1 electrical outlet. It is on almost all of my advertising materials that a water source and electrical outlet must be accessible for my services. Never had anyone question this.