PDA

View Full Version : On the Shelf Products

Bhoppy1216
08-18-2017, 01:24 AM
Does anyone use over the counter products for their nicer cars or for their business? I know Adam Polishes, Griots, and Chemical Guys put out really great products, but does anyone just use Meguiars Gold class wax or detailing sprays? Often I find that the Meguiars performs really great for me, especially the 3-n-1 leather spray and the interior and exterior detailer. I also have only used Megs sealant and wax because it is available on the shelf. I have thought about starting a side detailing business for a friends and around the neighborhood and wondered if you needed all the super expensive stuff to do good work.

Eldorado2k
08-18-2017, 01:30 AM
Sure. There's a few little random things that are only sold OTC that I only use when I perform a top of the line detail.. 1 example would be Meguiars Air Refresher, another would be TW Endura Tire Coating. The tire coating is pretty much extinct now, so it better be pretty special for me to use the remaining supply I've got left on anyone else tires. Lol.

I'm sure there's a few other random products, but not alot.

Eldorado2k
08-18-2017, 01:35 AM
I have thought about starting a side detailing business for a friends and around the neighborhood and wondered if you needed all the super expensive stuff to do good work.

Pound for pound, and in most cases, the OTC products Are the expensive stuff... You can save alot of money buying products in bulk. Quality products that you'll always have use for + plenty to go around so you can always have more than enough to put to work for those occasional side jobs. If you love to keep your vehicle detailed and know you always will, then it's a no brainer.

Certain boutique products are a different story, but you know what I mean...

Bhoppy1216
08-18-2017, 03:12 AM
Pound for pound, and in most cases, the OTC products Are the expensive stuff... You can save alot of money buying products in bulk. Quality products that you'll always have use for + plenty to go around so you can always have more than enough to put to work for those occasional side jobs. If you love to keep your vehicle detailed and know you always will, then it's a no brainer.

Certain boutique products are a different story, but you know what I mean...

I think my hesitation comes from all the different things that you can run into on cars. I have a lot of friends that have put wraps on their cars and clear bras, not to mention my friend who has a matte black car. I feel like you have to have a dozen different soaps, detailers, waxes, and sealants lol.

dlc95
08-18-2017, 02:57 PM
Meguiar's Ultimate line is a long time favorite of mine.

KirkH
08-18-2017, 03:23 PM
Things on the shelf I use:

Stoner glass cleaners
Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax
Meguiar's Hot Shine Tire FOam
Meguiar's total release air fresheners
Mothers California Gold Spray Wax