PDA

View Full Version : White car & Proxy

Richs66
08-16-2017, 06:39 PM
Hey guys, picked up a new car the other day, I had a red one that I used speed & proxy on it, looked great.............did the same thing on the white one and it looks kind of grease ............feels real slick, just doesn't look right, and when I use quick detailer on it, I'm having a hard time seeing if I'm getting all the streaks out...........im starting to think maybe white wasn't all I thought it would be.

Looking for some recommendations on what your using for a wax or sealant on the white.

Thanks

Rich

custmsprty
08-16-2017, 06:49 PM
Thread started yesterday about white paint:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/112096-pearl-metallic-white-paint-wax-sealant.html

DaveT435
08-16-2017, 07:00 PM
Hey guys, picked up a new car the other day, I had a red one that I used speed & proxy on it, looked great.............did the same thing on the white one and it looks kind of grease ............feels real slick, just doesn't look right, and when I use quick detailer on it, I'm having a hard time seeing if I'm getting all the streaks out...........im starting to think maybe white wasn't all I thought it would be.

Looking for some recommendations on what your using for a wax or sealant on the white.

Thanks

Rich

What kind of car??? Most pure white (non Pearl) Toyota paint is single stage...

Richs66
08-16-2017, 08:01 PM
What kind of car??? Most pure white (non Pearl) Toyota paint is single stage...

Its a 2017 Dodge Challenger..........the red one was a 2010 Challenger

Richs66
08-16-2017, 08:11 PM
Thread started yesterday about white paint:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/112096-pearl-metallic-white-paint-wax-sealant.html

Thanks Custm, for the link, mine isn't a pearl white........its called knuckle white, looks like regular white to me. LOL

Guess I"ll try a sealant next..........do I have to re-polish to get the speed off, or just put a sealant over that.

I know probably a dumb question.

Rich

BTLew81
08-16-2017, 09:19 PM
Poxy. This has to be the most misspelled product around. Lol

custmsprty
08-16-2017, 09:26 PM
Poxy. This has to be the most misspelled product around. Lol

Most of the time it's because it's being posted from a cell phone and it auto corrects it to Proxy.

mikejames
08-16-2017, 10:26 PM
Richs 66 try putting another coat of Poxy on 1 section of the car and leave it on over night. Take it off the next day and see if that helps. I have left Poxy on for over 24 hours in a garage kept car before removing with great results.