PDA

View Full Version : Time for new buffers!

asap2stacks
08-16-2017, 05:37 PM
Alright so everyone has probably seen my post the past couple days about my G21 well I decided I'm just gonna sell both my g21 and g15 for a different brand since I've been having such bad luck with there machines. Any thoughts what DAs I should get next ? Looking for 15mm and 21mm

Should I just go with rupes marks?

CCCoating

DaveT435
08-16-2017, 05:57 PM
Rupes Mark II. In the 15 you can go with the Flex also. I have both...trying to decide which one I'm going to keep. I haven't used them enough to make a decision yet.

VISITOR
08-16-2017, 06:04 PM
Rupes Mark II. In the 15 you can go with the Flex also. I have both...trying to decide which one I'm going to keep. I haven't used them enough to make a decision yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uu3xBaTWRg

asap2stacks
08-16-2017, 06:06 PM

I'll buy one if ur selling

CCCoating

BudgetPlan1
08-16-2017, 06:07 PM
Ever think of getting two different types of machines?

If I run across something that needs compound and polish, I use the Flex 3401, usually with a Megs SMAT liquid for the heavy, less finesse-driven compounding and then finish polish w Rupes 15 Mk 2 with a DAT product.

Just a garage dweller here but that, for me, is the quickest and easiest method of getting the job done.

Compounding, the Flex with 6.5" pad just eats up hood/roof/trunk quickly, 5.5 for verticals.

Rupes just seems to finish better for me and easier to work thru DAT with greater comfort and finesse.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Mike@ShineStruck
08-16-2017, 06:26 PM
I know you said longthrow...but comming from a huge longthrow guy....get a PO5000C

asap2stacks
08-16-2017, 06:41 PM
I know you said longthrow...but comming from a huge longthrow guy....get a PO5000C

Already have a flex Vrg

CCCoating

VISITOR
08-16-2017, 07:36 PM
sorry to hear about your misfortune. unfortunately, there's going to be some problems with any company/brand of products. rupes, porter cable, flex, etc, all have had their share of problems too.. sometimes it happens...

B5visser
08-16-2017, 10:07 PM
I've really enjoyed my Flex XFE-7 thus far. The only subtle complaint was the metal screws that hold the front cap on get pretty warm and take you by surprise after a long polish session. This was remedied with some OE plastic flex ones (as found on the PE-14). I tend to use higher speeds (between 4.5-5.5) in most cases with the XFE.

I will say tho, that I have used a Rupes 21MKII recently and it was amazing. Smooth, and noticeably more power, most likely due to the 21mm throw vs 15 of the flex. The "on/off" trigger of the Rupes wasn't as intuitive to me as a "variable trigger" flex user.

I also own a 3401 and use it for the areas I don't have the patience to work the XFE-7. It simply gets the job done. Always. That being said, I'm really looking forward to the Rupes Mille. I think it will be on my short list upon its release!

Good luck with your decision!

dlc95
08-17-2017, 01:06 AM
Hard to go wrong with Flex or Rupes.

However, out of the two, only Rupes offers both the 21 and 15.

My vote - Rupes 21, and 15 mk2.

ZiggyPopp
08-17-2017, 05:20 AM
If I run across something that needs compound and polish, I use the Flex 3401, usually with a Megs SMAT liquid for the heavy, less finesse-driven compounding and then finish polish w Rupes 15 Mk 2 with a DAT product.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Exactly the same process I use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike@ShineStruck
08-17-2017, 08:42 AM
Already have a flex Vrg

CCCoating

Then go Mark II since you had bad luck with the BOSS machines
Or perhaps a Duetto
Vrg cut, duetto polish