PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a few items

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
08-15-2017, 02:47 PM
Hard not to pass up the last sale. On it's way....

1. 128oz Hyperwash
2. 16oz Hydro Blue
3. Tuff shine applicators
4. Mc Kees 37 Trim restorer.

engineerwolf
08-15-2017, 09:25 PM
How do you like Hyper wash? Looking to get some to save money. I currently use Ultimate Wash and Wax + I use Honeydew Snow Foam in a foam cannon. Is 1oz in a 5 gal bucket really good enough for lubricity?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

PA DETAILER
08-16-2017, 06:55 AM
I have always loved Megs Hyperwash. A gallon will last a good long time. I am just about done with the 3D pink soap. It was also very good. For the price it can not be beat. But the Hyperwash dilution ratio is where its at. 1oz in the bucket and 1oz in my foam gun. 3D takes 2oz in the bucket and 2oz in the gun. And yes to your question. Just 1oz in a 5gal bucket of the Hyperwash provides a safe wash. I wanted to try the new Mc Kees 37 Sio2 soap, but $50 a gallon made me cringe!

engineerwolf
08-16-2017, 07:15 AM
Thank you for the feedback. I will be ordering some soon to try.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

PA DETAILER
08-16-2017, 07:24 AM
Here is a in depth review...

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/49203-product-review-meguiar-s-d110-hyper-wash.html

Hammer77
08-16-2017, 07:52 AM
Hyperwash is all I have used for two years now, great in a foam cannon too. Pro 4x, how many application are you getting out of the 16oz bottles of Hydro Blue?

PA DETAILER
08-16-2017, 08:02 AM
Hyperwash is all I have used for two years now, great in a foam cannon too. Pro 4x, how many application are you getting out of the 16oz bottles of Hydro Blue?

Well, my first bottle I am guessing I got about 4. 1 on her Ford Escape and 3 on my Xterra. Would and should just get the gallon, but it's already August. Just a few months of good detailing weather left. Just did the Xterra with the last of the Hydro Blue about 2 weekends ago. Might do one more application on the Xterra with the new bottle before winter hits. How many are you getting? On a big SUV or truck, wow, this is the way to go. So easy. I also wanted to order a gallon of the new Sio2 soap from Mc Kees, but the $50 tag was too much for me.

Paul A.
08-16-2017, 08:37 AM
I'm with Hammer...going on 2 years with just Hyper Wash. I love the stuff and its price! I use it predominantly in my foam gun but mix up the occassional bucket too. One to 1 1/2 oz in 4-5 gallons works good for me. My previous favorite was DG902.

Hammer77
08-16-2017, 08:39 AM
On my initial 16oz bottle I did 4 with still some leftover. I bought a gallon, and use it in a regular bottle with a Talco spray head, I am trying to dial in the amount of spray. I keep feeling that I am using too much. That is why I was asking just to get an idea. I got my eye on that new soap as well, right now I am covered on things, but when a good sale hits, and I need some other things, I am gonna pick some up. Thanks for your reply!

SNP209
08-16-2017, 08:45 AM
I have always loved Megs Hyperwash. A gallon will last a good long time. I am just about done with the 3D pink soap. It was also very good. For the price it can not be beat. But the Hyperwash dilution ratio is where its at. 1oz in the bucket and 1oz in my foam gun. 3D takes 2oz in the bucket and 2oz in the gun. And yes to your question. Just 1oz in a 5gal bucket of the Hyperwash provides a safe wash. I wanted to try the new Mc Kees 37 Sio2 soap, but $50 a gallon made me cringe!

You could pick up the 16 oz. for $17.99 just to try it out

McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash (http://www.autogeek.net/mckees-sio2-auto-wash.html)

PA DETAILER
08-16-2017, 09:46 AM
Thought about it. But at $18 for 16oz, might as well get the gallon.

HAMMER77 The HB does have a small learning curve. I found myself using about 2-3 sprays per panel.

BadgerRivFan
08-16-2017, 10:18 AM
xxx

ducksfan
08-16-2017, 11:01 AM
On my initial 16oz bottle I did 4 with still some leftover. I bought a gallon, and use it in a regular bottle with a Talco spray head, I am trying to dial in the amount of spray. I keep feeling that I am using too much. That is why I was asking just to get an idea. I got my eye on that new soap as well, right now I am covered on things, but when a good sale hits, and I need some other things, I am gonna pick some up. Thanks for your reply!

Try using it in a Solo hand pump sprayer. It has a fine spray.

Hoosiers
08-16-2017, 11:16 AM
Try using it in a Solo hand pump sprayer. It has a fine spray.

Thanks for that suggestion! An excellent idea, especially since I have a Solo sitting on the shelf. I know I'm over spraying Hydro Blue...for some strange reason I can't seem to stop myself with the dang trigger. :)

ducksfan
08-16-2017, 11:37 PM
You should be able to get a more even spray pattern compared to using a trigger sprayer. Try doing it like you're painting the vehicle without the overlap. Just don't use too slow of an arm motion. You don't need that much product if you spread it evenly.