PDA

View Full Version : UIGP Streaking, How to Remove

Whiplash Willy
08-15-2017, 01:44 PM
I am having streaking issues with UIGP. I have tried removing it with Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel, and re-applying, but am still getting streaking. I want to completely remove the UIGP, and apply Carpro pearl instead, but want to know what I should use to remove UIGP, so the dash will be ready for Carpro Pearl.

I do have Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel, and Optimum Power Clean, so if either of those would work, I would like to use them.

Rsurfer
08-15-2017, 02:00 PM
Use Power Clean and keep cutting the ratio until you find the least aggressive mix to remove the UIGP.

Whiplash Willy
08-15-2017, 04:16 PM
If I use Power Clean, will I need to wipe it down with water or anything else (to remove the power clean residue), before applying Pearl?

Rsurfer
08-15-2017, 06:57 PM
If I use Power Clean, will I need to wipe it down with water or anything else (to remove the power clean residue), before applying Pearl?

Yes, damp mf will do. Are planning to cut the Perl? /?

Dr Oldz
08-15-2017, 10:23 PM
UIGP is near impossible to remove. Power clean may work. Yes a damp MF wipedown is required after using PC. If you have streaking issues it's due to massive over application. UIGP should be applied as to where you can barely see it.

Whiplash Willy
08-16-2017, 10:16 AM
Yes, damp mf will do. Are planning to cut the Perl? /?

I was going to dilute it to 1:5 like the directions say, but have never used before. Is that a good dilution for a dash?

UIGP is near impossible to remove. Power clean may work. Yes a damp MF wipedown is required after using PC. If you have streaking issues it's due to massive over application. UIGP should be applied as to where you can barely see it.

I applied UIGP the same way that I did to my dash, on the rest of the car (Leather seats, door panels, console, ect) and granted they are different material, but I had no issues with streaking, but they were much easier to apply, and spread a little further. I also applied it to my wife's GX470 dash without issue (It went on much easier and came out perfect on hers). There is just something about my dash's material. It was very grabby going on, and did require me to use quite a bit of product, to get it to spread, and even then, it wouldn't spread very far. I used 1 spray (on the applicator) for every 3-4sq inches of dash. It did seem like I had to use more then advertised, but it just wouldn't spread.

Since it isn't water based, do I need to worry about UGIP messing up my dash, or leaving permanent streaks/marks? It also worries me that you say it is near impossible to remove. I don't have alot of time to mess with it, and if it is going to take alot of chemical and mechanical work to remove, that worries me.

There has got to be some way to safely remove it, as I am sure alot of people have streaking issues. What do people typically do to fix streaking issues? The streaking isn't too bad, it can just be seen at certain angles, and certain light. There is also a 3"x3" spot above my gauge cluster that is whitish, and not slick like the rest of it.

I had initially applied it about 1 year ago, and lived with the streaks, and then recently tried Ultima's Interior Shampoo Gel to attempt to clean/remove it, and I applied another layer. I will try to capture some pictures if I can. For reference, it is a 2016 Subaru WRX.